What's new

Neither Arris SB8200 or Netgear CM1100 are providing me with 1000Mbps

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

murrman

New Around Here
I have a 1000Mbps plan with Buckeye Broadband (local/regional provider). I've tried both the Netgear CM1100 and Arris SB8200 modems, but neither have been able to provide me more than 400Mbps download speed. Tech support has said they aren't detecting any issues on their end of things, and they've been pretty confident it's an issue with my equipment. Since I didn't purchase either modem from them, they aren't able to provide any additional support. Does anyone know of any reason why neither of these modems would be providing me with my maximum speed? I purchased both because they were DOCSIS 3.1 modems (and therefore should support my plan).

How are you testing the speed? If you have an Asus router you can use the built-in speed test, otherwise use an ethernet cable connected to your router. This will give you the true speed to the router. Using a laptop or desktop via wifi will not give you those full speeds.

How are you testing the speed? If you have an Asus router you can use the built-in speed test, otherwise use an ethernet cable connected to your router. This will give you the true speed to the router. Using a laptop or desktop via wifi will not give you those full speeds.
I'm using the speed test on my Asus RT-AX86U (running Asuswrt-merlin).

I'm using the speed test on my Asus RT-AX86U (running Asuswrt-merlin).
That can be misleading, depending on how you have configured the router. Always test from a PC/laptop that is connected to the router by ethernet.

If you still have the same low speed unplug the router from your modem and plug your PC/laptop directly into the modem. This is the only true test of your ISP speed.