What's new

Netflix not working on Roku 2 Box

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rooikat

New Around Here
Hi all, I am a long time lurker, and, frankly due to excellent advice here, have had almost 6 months trouble free use of my Asus AC-RT68u with wrt-merlin firmware.

I have had a problem arise recently (in last 3 days) whereby Netflix has stopped working just on my Roku boxes. So netflix works on Win 10 PC, ipads, xbox one.

Similarly I have good internet connectivity on the Rokus for all other apps, youtube etc.

Netflix however does work when I tether to my iphone and connect using my mobile data.

my isp says its a netflix issue, netflix says its and isp/network issue.

I have changed DNS on router multiple times, from auto to google's own, to Getflix's. i have rebooted HFC cable modem and router so many times in last 12 hrs, by both software soft reboot, and pulling plug, waiting 2 minutes and then restarting. (all with roku's being powered off, and unplugged as well)

I am at my wit's end.

Does anyone please have any additional suggestions, or perhaps has anyone seen a similar issue?

I have 380.63_2 installed.

Many thanks in advance & regards

Last edited:
Might want to chase this down in the Asus WRT Rmerlin subforum...

Lot's of good insight there as to what the problem might be - if one is running VPN, this might be a concern...

Thanks SFX, can a mod move my thread, or should I repost? I am new to the forum, so don't want to break any rules?

Hi all, I am a long time lurker, and, frankly due to excellent advice here, have had almost 6 months trouble free use of my Asus AC-RT68u with wrt-merlin firmware.

I have had a problem arise recently (in last 3 days) whereby Netflix has stopped working just on my Roku boxes. So netflix works on Win 10 PC, ipads, xbox one.

Similarly I have good internet connectivity on the Rokus for all other apps, youtube etc.

Netflix however does work when I tether to my iphone and connect using my mobile data.

my isp says its a netflix issue, netflix says its and isp/network issue.

I have changed DNS on router multiple times, from auto to google's own, to Getflix's. i have rebooted HFC cable modem and router so many times in last 12 hrs, by both software soft reboot, and pulling plug, waiting 2 minutes and then restarting. (all with roku's being powered off, and unplugged as well)

I am at my wit's end.

Does anyone please have any additional suggestions, or perhaps has anyone seen a similar issue?

I have 380.63_2 installed.

Many thanks in advance & regards

Do you pay Netflix for single or multiple streams? If only a single stream than you need to check every device that has ever connected to Netflix on your account and make sure it is disconnected. Also if you or one of your kids has given the Netflix password to someone they could be using your single stream.

Do you pay Netflix for single or multiple streams? If only a single stream than you need to check every device that has ever connected to Netflix on your account and make sure it is disconnected. Also if you or one of your kids has given the Netflix password to someone they could be using your single stream.

Best way to check there is change the account password...

(Netflix is popular across the hacker community for obvious reasons - another reason to check recently viewed titles once in a while)

Thanks guys, no its not that, I have multiple streams. Ive now read that another internet company which shares the same wholesale broadband provider as my ISP has identical issues. I am thinking more and more it is an ISP issue. Back to the 1800 grindstone. :(

At my old house, my Netflix on Roku 3 would often stop in first few minutes of shows once in awhile, resulting error messages, whatnot. My Amazon Fire TV would load slower when starting a show, but usually would end up playing OK. Swapped out modem, router, etc. Issue seemed to be between my modem and the provider. We happened to be moving soon to a new house--once moved and kept our provider, sure enough, no more issues. (Same modem, Asus AC68U router, Roku.)

We happened to be moving soon to a new house--once moved and kept our provider, sure enough, no more issues. (Kept the same modem, Asus AC68U router, Roku.)

Sorry - can't resist - network problems - buy a new house ;)

Anyways - happy things are working for you now.

Yes, you got me there! If I was not moving, I suppose my next request would have been to request my provider come out and test from the wall, whatnot. Or maybe consider trying a different provider.

Well guys I can report it was an isp issue and I had to temporarily reduce mtu size until they fixed it their end.

Glad your ISP isolated and corrected the issue (instead of just blaming Roku or Netflix.) I wonder what the specific ISP issue was.

Glad your ISP isolated and corrected the issue (instead of just blaming Roku or Netflix.) I wonder what the specific ISP issue was.

Well sadly Rob, those dumb arses didn't know what their own problem was. I had to get feedback on another forum from an IT support guy from a rival ISP, however he was kind enough to reply to me when he recognised the problem. My ISP DID blame my router, my roku and Netflix in three separate phone calls. My ISP's tier one support are illiterate chimps reading from a cue card.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!