What's new

Netflix, Roku and 388.2-potential issue? Nope!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lee MacMillan

I updated to 388.2 about a week ago and didn't notice any issues but suddenly Netflix on my Roku Ultra doesn't work. It starts to load a program and hangs at 25%, eventually timing out with an error message. I have rebooted the Roku, uninstalled and reinstalled the Netflix app and nothing has helped. I changed from the 5Ghz to the 2.4Ghz channel. All the other Roku channels (Amazon, Hulu, PBS, etc.) work fine. Netflix also works through the (Samsung) TV app and on my computer. Before I drop back to 388.1 I wanted to post here and see if anyone has experienced this or had any other suggestions. I also tried switching from Quad9 to Google DNS and that didn't help.

Apparently there's something else going on and it's not related to 388.2. I reflashed 388.1 and still have the same issue with Netflix so back to the drawing board.

Are you running any blockers? Diversion? Skynet? AGH? Using VPN?

Are you running any blockers? Diversion? Skynet? AGH? Using VPN?
I had actually just logged back in here to update my post after I figured it out. I had some URLs blocked by letters and one of them was apparently too close to the "ix" in Netflix. Once I removed them, it was back to normal. Thanks.

I had actually just logged back in here to update my post after I figured it out. I had some URLs blocked by letters and one of them was apparently too close to the "ix" in Netflix. Once I removed them, it was back to normal. Thanks.
Strange that it wasn't blocking your PC and TV? But glad it's all working again! ;)

Hey, I feel your Netflix pain on Roku Ultra! Updated to 388.2, too, and bam, the same loading hangs at 25%. I tried the reboot and reinstall drill—no dice. Switched channels and DNS, nada. Amazon and Hulu are all good, though. Weird, right? Rolled back to 388.1, and voila, Netflix is back in action. By the way, did you know that Netflix adds to prince harry net worth? I just read about it, and for me, it was definitely something new!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!