What's new

NETGEAR router with link aggregation

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TaranScorp

Occasional Visitor
Can you guy's and gal's tell me which NETGEAR router supports link aggregation? I want to know about the cheapest one. I know that most routers are the higher end models that start having the link aggregation option.

Thanks

Google will get you that information faster than waiting for someone to Google it for you. :)

I love my R7960P. :D

Both.

If I'm not mistaken though, it is one or the other, correct?
It's the RAX120 that supports both but are mutually exclusive :(

What's weird is that the R7960P supports both by using the LAN4 port (far right port) to aggregate with the WAN port (far left port) since the LAN1 and LAN2 ports are used for LAN aggregation. I'm curious why they didn't do the same for the RAX120 instead of forcing us to use the LAN1 port? Perhaps it's not technically possible to support both on the RAX120 so they chose to use the LAN1 port as it's right next the WAN port? Since it is awkward (so different from the R7960P) that Netgear chose to use the LAN1 port on the RAX120 instead of the LAN4 port, I take it that it was technically not possible to even use the LAN4 port for WAN aggregation... but, I could be wrong of course.

At any rate, only the R7960P, RAX80, and RAX200 support both LAN and WAN aggregation at the same time.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!