What's new

Network activity monitor question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jeffrey Young

Very Senior Member
Hello all.

I have known about Merlin for some time, but have never installed the firmware as I did not really have any need of its features. I took the plunge when the need arose to track internet usage on a month over month basis in order to determine if we really need to unlimited internet. Merlin allows me to keep this data, even after a weekly reboot.

I have one question about the network monitor. Does anyone know if the scheduled reboot routine requests a file write of the usage data before the reboot? It is not a big deal to me as I the router writing the data to the USB every hour and the scheduled reboot is at 0130 hours, so not a lot of data usage reporting will be lost if the reboot scheduler does not.

Also, and please note that I DID read the new user FAQ on this board and completely understand the scope of Merlin, but if I may suggest, an option to export the usage stats in a CSV file would be nice.

I should also say that the feature to have the router force itself as a Master Browser will hopefully solve a lot of Network Neighborhood issues.

Great product and hope you all will keep up the good work.

Cheers

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!