What's new

Network Map on Console

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Scby

New Around Here
Hi,
I would like to obtain the same list as is shown by the Network Map on the web interface. I already tried arp -a but it does not list all devices. I have to mention that my Asus RT-AC87U runs in AP Mode.

I tried to find the source that generates this list but I got lost. On the device I found ./www/device-map/clients.asp but I did not find it in the merlin source.

I want to use the router to send an HTTP-Querry (IFTTT Webhook) if a specific MAC-adress is detected in the Network and if the MAC-adress has left the Network.
Propably nmap could be a solution but I don't want to put a thumb drive for entware into the router for such a small script.

Any help or hints are greatly appreciated!

You could actively arping it every minute.
I use this method to detect if one of my devices is connected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot get it to work with the broadcast.
The following command does not get any response.
Code:
admin@RT-AC87U-DF68:/# arping -I br0 -b -s 192.168.0.3 192.168.0.255
ARPING to 192.168.0.255 from 192.168.0.3 via br0
I doubt that all my devices block broadcasts.
Pinging a specifc IP works through arping with the argumends I used above. Did I mis something?

Yea broadcast doesn’t seem to work for me either.

Can you assign a DHCP reservation for the device so you always know it’s IP, then either ping or arping that unicast address?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk