What's new

New AC66 Firmware 3.0.0.4.376.2524

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

deezayy

Occasional Visitor

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 567
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 694
Last edited:
The change log on Asus website does not seem to be complete as there seems to be more than just those chances on the ac87u change log and also on RMerlin's change log

Installed this firmware and so far so good in AP mode. Signal increased on both bands. Speed seems to be stable on all devices especially iPad, iPhone, Macbook. Haven't test AC mode yet with the PCE-AC66...

Installed this firmware and so far so good in AP mode. Signal increased on both bands. Speed seems to be stable on all devices especially iPad, iPhone, Macbook. Haven't test AC mode yet with the PCE-AC66...
So if RMerlin's build was updated to include the changes in this build would I see the signal increase and stable speed that you indicated

"2. Fixed OpenVPN UI issue. OpenVPN client shows disconnect but it still connect to VPN server. "

Been waiting for this little annoyance to be addressed. Awesome!

So if RMerlin's build was updated to include the changes in this build would I see the signal increase and stable speed that you indicated

Really Joejoejo? Can you stop being a nag and inconsiderate of RMerlin.. If you dont like his releases.. GO download the Asus ones and complain to them.... I wish there was a way to ignore you and kick you in the arse for being such a passive/aggressive pushy demanding twit..

The wireless radios are in what is called a BINARY BLOB/and or CFE.. merlin does NOT HAVE ACCESS to this information... its proprietary. Now go away... Your really starting to irritate me with your sense of entitlement and pushy nagging behavior... Hes doing this in his OWN SPARE TIME....

Last edited:
I wish there was a way to ignore you

There is, but it's not easy to find. Go to a user's profile by clicking on his name, then there's a small "user lists" dropdown just underneath his name and rank, with an ignore option.

Still not connecting at AC speed

I tried this version, and unfortunately, like the previous version 376.1123, my laptop does not connect at a speed higher than 300 Mpbs. When I use firmware 374.5517 I can connect at 867Mbps, which is the maximum speed with Intel AC7260 client. Does anyone else have the same problem with this firmware?
Thanks in advance.

I tried this version, and unfortunately, like the previous version 376.1123, my laptop does not connect at a speed higher than 300 Mpbs. When I use firmware 374.5517 I can connect at 867Mbps, which is the maximum speed with Intel AC7260 client. Does anyone else have the same problem with this firmware?
Thanks in advance.

Make sure mode is set to Auto. The N+AC setting is broken and doesn't work properly in recent versions - Auto will handle both N and AC.

Make sure mode is set to Auto. The N+AC setting is broken and doesn't work properly in recent versions - Auto will handle both N and AC.

I just installed your firmware instead. Did factory reset and it works very well. Thanks so much! A donation is on the way.

This version still has not been pushed out to my router. A firmware check still says 3.0.0.4.376.1123 is the latest.

Updated manually and ran into a couple of issues. One was a show stopper that forced me to go back to .1123.

1. Minor - On the main page my SID display names are messed up because I have a space in the name. Didn't hurt anything, just a cosmetic issue.

2. Major - Can't access my internal webservices using my external DNS name when I'm connected to WIFI.

So I rolled back to .1123 and all is well now.

Virtual Server/Port forwarding bug!!!

Just an FYI--

Yesterday, I installed my brand new RT-AC66U. I upgraded the firmware to the latest version: 3.0.0.4.376.2524.

Everything seemed to work fine except for one problem. One of my machines runs an SSH host. I use the Virtual Server menu to establish port forwarding to that computer. A test via an on-line service confirmed that the server was available on the open port. The problem was that when trying to connect to the SSH server via an SSH client (PuTTY), the connection was aborted. I spent hours trying to troubleshoot this problem because the error usually indicates a local firewall issue. I reconnected my older Asus RT-N13U and it worked fine.

Finally, I installed the prior firmware version 3.0.0.4.376.1123 on the RT-AC66U.

That solved the problem! Now, just to be sure that the problem was not a partially failed install of the latest firmware, I re-installed version 3.0.0.4.376.2524. The problem returned. So, I rolled back the firmware once more to version 3.0.0.4.376.1123 and everything works again.

I want to help save someone else from the aggravation I endured and the time I spent.

I sent off an email to Asus explaining all of this. They responded by apologizing and suggesting that I use the firmware just prior to the latest. That's exactly what I told them I did. Apparently, they didn't read carefully what I sent to them. They also suggested that I could voice my concerns at service.asus.com. I had tried that but attempting to file a case produced a connection failure to their server! I finally got through via phone and the representative confirmed that they are having server issues.

There is new firmware for the AC66U/R:
ASUS RT-AC66R Firmware version 3.0.0.4.376.3602

Last edited:
Thanks-- I'm aware. I saw it yesterday soon after it was released. I installed it and 3602 resolves the issue I had with 2524.

Last edited:
Thanks-- I'm aware. I saw it yesterday soon after it was released. I installed it and 3602 resolves the issue I had with 2524.

Glad to hear it worked for you! I have installed it myself and so far so good ;-)
I do see that Merlin's 48_1 is out and may try that as well...

That's good to know, thanks for confirming it.

Firmware 3602 kills 5ghz control channels, makes 5ghz network unusable

There seems to be a very bad bug with firmware 3602. After I installed it, none of my devices could detect the SSID name I assigned to the 5ghz wireless network. Nothing I tried could get it back until I noticed that the control channel setting for the 5ghz network had only two options - Auto and 0. None of the other channels were selectable in the dropdown menu. I reinstalled older firmware, starting with 5517 and that restored the other control channels and allowed my computer, phone and tablet to see and connect to the 5ghz wireless network again. I confirmed that all the firmware from 5517 up to and including 2524 do not have this bug. After I got the 5ghz channels back and to test if I could reproduce the problem, I upgraded again to the new 3602 firmware and sure enough, all the 5ghz control channels disappeared - only Auto and 0 were available. I am avoiding firmware 3602 until this bug is fixed.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!