What's new

New AC68 Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.376.3626

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gerry

New Around Here
I got a notice today on my router saying this version is available. Based on previous threads about earlier release version 3xxx, I'm wondering if I should upgrade now. I'm also unsure on whether updating he new bootloader is a good thing.

I will let the experts here tell me.

My 5Ghz frequency is stable enough on my ipad but does disconnect occasionally. I assumed this to be an iPad issue.

Last edited:
I got a notice today on my router saying this version is available. Based on previous threads about earlier release version 3xxx, I'm wondering if I should upgrade now. I'm also unsure on whether updating he new bootloader is a good thing.

I will let the experts here tell me.

My 5Ghz frequency is stable enough on my iPadbut does disconnect occasionally. I assmed this to be an iPad issue.

The CFE upgrade will be required for future releases to work, as the current CFE has a firmware partition that is becoming too small for future features. So you might as well upgrade it now and be done with that.

So far 3626 seems to be a fairly decent release.

Looks like they pulled 376.3626 from the AC68P downloads. If I download the version from the AC68U page, I get an error trying to upload to the router. I assume there's a check or specific flag for that router.

Anyone know why the links posted in the other thread and the one that was on the AC68P download page are now removed? Issue with the P model?

Looks like they pulled 376.3626 from the AC68P downloads. If I download the version from the AC68U page, I get an error trying to upload to the router. I assume there's a check or specific flag for that router.

Anyone know why the links posted in the other thread and the one that was on the AC68P download page are now removed? Issue with the P model?

3626 has not been pulled. Not sure where you got that from. It's available for download here:

http://www.asus.com/Networking/RTAC68P/HelpDesk_Download/

So does this release still bork your speeds and leave the channel stuff at 36 when you're in Europe?

Just wondering if all the bugs from the previous 376 releases are still in here. Otherwise I'm just staying on the merlin fork.

Is it possible that with 3626 I have some random 5Ghz disconnection?
It's a known behaviour?

After installation I perform a reset (holding the reset button for more than 5 sec) and after that I load my configuration on the router

Thanks!

Is it possible that with 3626 I have some random 5Ghz disconnection?
It's a known behaviour?

After installation I perform a reset (holding the reset button for more than 5 sec) and after that I load my configuration on the router

Thanks!

Reloading your configuration completely bypasses the point of doing a factory default reset, since you end up just reloading the exact same content into the router's nvram. After a factory default reset, you have to manually reconfigure everything.

What you did was similar to reformatting your PC with a new version of Windows, then overwriting everything with a backup of your old version of Windows. You're back where you've started.

Thanks for your reply. I have many configurations and I didn't want to reconfigure everything.
I'll do it. Just for info, anyone else has this kind of disconnections on 5ghz?

Thanks!

how can I perform the best reset? Just holding the reset button for more than 5 seconds?

thanks

And the RT-AC56U still being left out in the cold with the .3602 "For US and TW only" listed as the most recent firmware...

anyone else has this kind of disconnections on 5ghz?

I had disconnections with the RT-AC87R model but I took it back and got the RT-AC68P router (running latest 3626 FW) with no issues on the 5GHz band (2 weeks now and counting).

As Merlin suggested - do a factory reset/default and enter your settings from scratch (do not load a saved config setting file).

Also proper router location is essential in wireless performance, especially 5GHz since the range is limited compared to 2.4GHz band. Make sure your 68P is not being obstructed by any objects and it is located in a central area of your home.

Thanks for these replies, I just made the procedure (2 times) but now I have my 2.4ghz wifi that disappear randomly.
While the 5ghz problem mentioned before I think could be a phone problem, now I see the 2.4ghz disappear from any device.
I try to reset with reset button and with WPS after boot up the router, set few things just for test (qos and port forwarding) and after few minutes operates I loose the 2.4ghz.
Maybe I'll flash an old firmware hoping this issue go away.

Thanks

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online