What's new

New AIMesh system, no clients connect to AIMesh Node? GT-AX600 + AX68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Livin

Yesterday I installed fresh/new GT6000 (AP) + AX68U (node). It worked great, yesterday! Now I'm noticing that no clients connect to the node, even when 10 to 20 ft away through 1 interior wall. The AP is on the extreme end, of the house 2 floors down (same locations as my prior AC86Us; worked great in same spots)
  • Ethernet backhaul
  • Node's 2.4g is OFF, AP 2.4g MAC filter for 5 specific devices that require 2.4g. All other devices forced to 5g (this is the same as my prior AC86U setup)

I even changed a few things trying to get the Node to connect to the devices... no go!?
  • AP 5G signal strength reduced to Balanced (mid-level, default is 2 level up on Performance)
  • Roaming assistant to -60 (default -70)
  • 3 devices in Node's line of sight are not connecting to AP (AP signal is far too weak there); not "locking" to AP so seems not a roaming issue?

help please o_O

1687726023457.png

Last edited:
Turn the WIFI back on and use the defaults for WIFI and AiMesh. Then wait for the system to settle in. May need to run overnight.

Turn the WIFI back on and use the defaults for WIFI and AiMesh. Then wait for the system to settle in. May need to run overnight.
Wifi is on, I only turned of the 2.4g radio on the Node. No reason to have it on - it will only add to the interference.
It did run overnight, and it was working immediately yesterday when first installed... running it over night was when it "broke"