What's new

New Asus AX router coming: GT-AXY16000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Model_product.png

picture of GT-AXY16000

That router has been on a tech site in Singapore for months. I’ve been looking at it but it’s not going to be out until June 2020 or so and it’s looking like $600 to buy in the US. I may be wrong but it may be already released in Taiwan and South Korea.

That router has been on a tech site in Singapore for months. I’ve been looking at it but it’s not going to be out until June 2020 or so and it’s looking like $600 to buy in the US. I may be wrong but it may be already released in Taiwan and South Korea.
this look like GT-AX6000 (ROG version of AX89X), but AFAIK no sign of it everywhere yet. Im looking forward to it too as I planned to buy some for AiMesh at my home.

I needed to replace a Netgear AX8 (complete garbage) and bought a RT-AX88U used and it’s a fantastic router. If the AX89X is supported by Merlin I’d buy it.

@maylyn any thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@maylyn any thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reserved my thoughts for the time being.

Rest assured that I will give a thorough walk-through when as possible.

Firstly the model SKU name is correct but the physical ASUS GT-AXY16000 doesn't look like what the threadstarter has posted.

ASUS TW HQ Networking has revamp the product design change for it.

I will post it when the embargo/NDA has lifted accordingly in couple of days when CES 2020 has begin or ASUS TW HQ networking gives the green light/go ahead.

Or it's picked up by mainstream media coverage of the CES 2020.

What you saw, it's supposedly the ASUS GT-AX6000 begin with which ASUS TW HQ Networking decided to KIV for the time being subject to their changes, so rest assured there isn't of such product available for retail worldwide.

Firstly the model SKU name is correct but the physical ASUS GT-AXY16000 doesn't look like what the threadstarter has posted.

I will post it when the embargo/NDA has lifted accordingly in couple of days when CES 2020 has begin or ASUS TW HQ networking gives the green light/go ahead.

Well actually the pics are from Asus itself, I digged deep to find it... this one sit inside AXY16000 GUI but actually said GT-AX6000, so same product?
GT-bg_header.png

I was make aware by ASUS TW HQ networking contact that ASUS will not be announcing the ASUS GT-AXY16000 this CES 2020 due to ASUS hasn't finalised the design ID for it.

Most probably, we will get to see the actual physical item this Computex TW 2020.

I will update more when i got the dev kit unit when ASUS TW HQ Networking gives the green light/go ahead in the coming months.