What's new

new ASUS BRT-AC828 ( Wireless-AC2600 Dual WAN VPN Router)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It's the same failure as with RT-AC86U, hanging often after reboot. Nothing wrong with your router, same with another one.
As it is not bricked or wrong beside standard problem with this type you should sell it and get a reliable router instead.

Or don't make reboots, you could use a timer on your mains power plug and disconnect it one minute at night if you really need a daily reboot. AFAIremember after power off it will boot.

It is hanging always after a reboot. And you have to re-install firmware in rescue mode after the reboot to get it working again. It also fails to boot after changing some settings.

The problem is the bootloader, I cannot get the new bootloader that asus released to install. But I think a Polish guy managed to fix his router. I am trying to find out how.

I cannot sell my router, I don't want to pass a faulty product to someone else.

OK, then thats a different problem with BRT-AC828 than with RT-AC86U.
Could you get a second from this seller and immediate return the old one instead?

I meant buy the same one again there and return immediately within 7 days, before test if the other one does better.

Finally, the German shop did not want to cover the warranty, and they configured their e-mail to return an error when my e-mail address is used to send e-mail. I conducted the local customer protection office of EU, CCing the store, ASUS Germany and ASUS Greece, and probably I am getting a refund. We will see what it will happen.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!