What's new

New AX88U no internet via wifi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Col8eral

Regular Contributor
Just unboxed my new AX88U. Updated to latest ASUS firmware. Got a WAN connection but no access to the internet via wifi. Both 2.4 and 5ghz provide no Internet. I haven't changed any stock settings so I just don't know what's going on. It's so frustrating.

Really need help...

From which firmware to which did you update to? Reset to factory defaults including checking the 'Initialize all settings...' checkbox and try again.

If this still doesn't work, see if you can set manual Control Channels for each band.

If the issues persist, time to RMA and try another sample.

Update....

Seems like it's internet for both WiFi and ethernet. If I reboot the router I get internet connectivity. If I then make a config change i.e., fix an IP address for one of the connected devices I lose internet for all devices. Then do a reboot and it all comes back.

For firmware I just went to firmware upgrade tab, clicked check and then update to latest.

What does RMA mean?

Are there some settings I need to change anywhere?

My internet provider is Virgin in the UK.

Do you know how to setup a router or is this all new to you?

OE

I just noticed that the download speed is about 60mbps. My broadband is 200mbps. With the previous router I got the full 200mbps.

So I have the issue that the router loses internet when I change configuration of a connected device IP address and now I see the broadband speed seems throttled.

Any thoughts.

I just noticed that the download speed is about 60mbps. My broadband is 200mbps. With the previous router I got the full 200mbps.

So I have the issue that the router loses internet when I change configuration of a connected device IP address and now I see the broadband speed seems throttled.

Any thoughts.

Assuming you have not configured your router:
o What is the router IP address?
o What is the router DHCP server IP Pool?
o What is the IP address you are 'fixing'?
o Did you reset the router after the firmware upgrade?

OE

Assuming you have not configured your router:
o What is the router IP address?
o What is the router DHCP server IP Pool?
o What is the IP address you are 'fixing'?
o Did you reset the router after the firmware upgrade?

OE
Router IP is 192.168.50.1

IP pool is 192.168.50.2 to 254

I don't think I did a reset after upgrade. How do I do that?

Router IP is 192.168.50.1

IP pool is 192.168.50.2 to 254

I don't think I did a reset after upgrade. How do I do that?

What is the IP address you are fixing?

OE

@Col8eral to do a full reset to factory defaults and get your router to a good/known state have a look at the link in my signature below. :)

I was just fixing some of the IP address of the connected devices so they get the same IP address each. So for each IP under LAN/DCHP Server I manually assign the IP address.

So, for the third time, what are those IP addresses?

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!