What's new

new br1 interface merlin 386.1 routing table

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Unetwork

Hello,

since the update from version 384.19 to 386.1 I find myself with a new interface in the routing table "BR1" what does it mean ?

is it possible to disable it or is it normal ?

thank you for your advice and long live Merlin !

Last edited:
It's likely a guest network. On some routers, under the right conditions, the router will create a guest network using a new IP network, then assign it to a new bridge (br1), rather than making the guest network part of the existing private network (br0).

It's likely a guest network. On some routers, under the right conditions, the router will create a guest network using a new IP network, then assign it to a new bridge (br1), rather than making the guest network part of the existing private network (br0).

Thank you very much, you help me quickly !

Indeed I confirm, by deactivating the guest network, the line disappears in the routing table, so it's normal.

I wish you an excellent day and thank you again.

I just discovered this as well. Is there any way to configure the LAN segment (to not be .101.xxx) either via the UI or even on the CLI. It seems like YazFi does not play with this very well yet. If one sets YazFi to use a different segment, the clients stay on 101. If You specify 101 is YazFi, it won't start because the segment is already specified.

I just discovered this as well. Is there any way to configure the LAN segment (to not be .101.xxx) either via the UI or even on the CLI. It seems like YazFi does not play with this very well yet. If one sets YazFi to use a different segment, the clients stay on 101. If You specify 101 is YazFi, it won't start because the segment is already specified.
Not easily. Just use Guest Network 2 and/or 3.
The 192.168.101.0/24 and 192.168.102.0/24 Guest Network 1's were set that way to enable guest WIFI on AiMesh nodes.

Not easily. Just use Guest Network 2 and/or 3.
The 192.168.101.0/24 and 192.168.102.0/24 Guest Network 1's were set that way to enable guest WIFI on AiMesh nodes.
Is it safe then to say that YazFi does not currently work with the current version then?

Also I am noticing that, indeed Guest 1 gets sent to the AiMesh nodes. However, on Guest 2, the clients do get attached back to br0 (so not br1 or a new br2) and Guest 2 is not on the nodes. Am I doing something wrong?

Is it safe then to say that YazFi does not currently work with the current version then?

Also I am noticing that, indeed Guest 1 gets sent to the AiMesh nodes. However, on Guest 2, the clients do get attached back to br0 (so not br1 or a new br2) and Guest 2 is not on the nodes. Am I doing something wrong?
Develop branch of YazFi works with 386 (in fact it forces off the Asus isolation)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!