What's new

New Comcast customer

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Grega

Occasional Visitor
Hello,
From this morning I am Comcast customer (we moved to a new home). I have my Netgear CM1200 and wired connections works fine. I added my Asus AC86U and wirlesess is not working. I tried AP and Wireless router mode with no luck.
In Wireless router mode error message is "your isp dhcp is not functioning properly".
Please advise as I have no signal in my house right now and all devices are wireless :)
Thank you

My understanding is that the CM1200 is a cable modem only, not a router. Therefore you can only have one device plugged into it. So that would either be a single PC or a router (e.g. your AC86U). If you are using your RT-AC86U it must be in "router mode", it cannot be in AP mode.

My understanding is that the CM1200 is a cable modem only, not a router. Therefore you can only have one device plugged into it. So that would either be a single PC or a router (e.g. your AC86U). If you are using your RT-AC86U it must be in "router mode", it cannot be in AP mode.
Thank you Sir!!!!!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!