What's new

New Ds112+ stops responding while file copying

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kasper-n

New Around Here
I have just gotten a synology ds112+ and a WD red 3tb disk. When I am copying large amounts of data, tested with 50gb the ds112+ stops at a random point. This is done from my windows 7 laptop by 100mbit Lan. The status and Lan leds are green but the hdd led is not blinking. I also can't access the ds112+ in any Way and the only thing to do is to pull the plug. Any ideas?

when it fails, can you ping the NAS from the affected computer? Can you ping it from some other computer? Can some other computer login to the NAS admin? Are the ethernet switches involved showing normal link lights?

I have a DS212 which may be the same controller and OS as in yours. I've had zero issues with it.

When it fails I can't ping it. I have tried to reset the router and login from my phone apps but no luck. I don't think my problem is normal, but I'm not sure if it has something to do with the HDD, NAS or compability :(

If you can't ping it, the disk drive state is likely irrelevant - unless the bad or mis-formatted drive is causing the NAS software to reboot or some such.
Have you tested to prove that it's not a bad cable, bad switch, mis-configured LAN IP address/DHCP scheme in the NAS, etc.?

I have tried to reset the router. Shouldn't it be enough? I Think a network problem would not make the power Button og the NAS unresponsive?

next time it fails, use the same PC to ping
the router/gateway, such as 192.168.1.1 or whatever yours is
some internet host such as 4.2.2.2 that's always responsive.

I assume this is not via WiFi. If it is, revert to wired connection to eliminate that possibility.

And of course, try the transfers and pings with a different PC.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!