What's new

new firmware on asus site 374.257

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This device is based on the Ralink RT3573. It would be interesting to compare with what folks having issues are using to see if there's a common trend.

Yep, both the Linksys AE3000 and Asus USB-N66 that I've been using are based on the same Ralink chip that you mention above. Neither one will connect at 450Mbps on 5GHz., only at 216Mbps., which isn't surprising, since they're both based on the same Ralink chip. The test firmware that Asus sent me, however, was fine with both on 5GHz., so fixes are coming for this Ralink chip.

In the meantime, your firmware works fine with my wireless network adapters, since it uses the old wireless driver. I'm using the 32_Beta3 firmware currently since it has an IPv6 firewall, and it is working well with these wireless adapters.

Im also using 32_bata3 with no issues on 5G with the Netgear wnda-4100 I believe these also use the Ralink chipset I have two of them work great link rate is always 450. The other Asus firmwares 3XX im lucky if they even connect.

Ralink is now Mediatek. I get a constant 450 Mbps with Merlins FW and Asus .27x. On Asus .3xx it won't even connect.

That would be nice but like most company's they wont interact with us in a forum. To bad to we are the ones that use the product. Another thing that bothers me is I bought this router in June and I have had working IPV6 way before that and Asus never put a firewall in the router for it Merlin had to do it. :confused: (Thanks Merlin) !!

Last edited by a moderator: