What's new

new firmware on asus site 374.257

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Please make sure you tell him that you have tested and observed a performance issue with your Broadcom BCM43224. I know you had noted that in one of your posts. So it's not only a link speed issue, but also a throughput issue. I guess what I'm trying to say is....it's just not an erroneous link speed. Performance is involved too.

My Broadcom BCM43236 suffers the same 54-108 Mbps link speed issue.

It seems like a couple other people with centrino were still having issues as well.

Yep, I'll bet that they'd be glad to get some Broadcom chipset testers as well.

6.30 RC163.2002
wl0: Aug 1 2013 13:43:08 version 6.30.163.2002 (r382208)

Yep, that's the 6.xx SDK, as I suspected. Same as they use with the RT-AC66U.

I'm tempted now to make a 6.xx based FW too to see how it works out. I tried it about a year ago, and it had quite a few issues, including a loss of performance. But knowing what I know now, I might be able to give this a better shot.

jlake, if you feel comfortable with a test firmware that requires the use of Firmware Recovery both to flash AND to revert back to a normal firmware, send me a PM. I'll hook you up.

I'm tempted now to make a 6.xx based FW too to see how it works out. I tried it about a year ago, and it had quite a few issues, including a loss of performance. But knowing what I know now, I might be able to give this a better shot.
Yes, yes, yes!;):cool:

Please do a beta if possible. Would like to see if it fixes the slow 5G throughput on the iPad 3rd gen. TIA.

Please make sure you tell him that you have tested and observed a performance issue with your Broadcom BCM43224. I know you had noted that in one of your posts. So it's not only a link speed issue, but also a throughput issue. I guess what I'm trying to say is....it's just not an erroneous link speed. Performance is involved too.

My Broadcom BCM43236 suffers the same 54-108 Mbps link speed issue.

It seems like a couple other people with centrino were still having issues as well.

+1

On my iMac 24 (2007) I also keep getting 108 Mbps instead of 270 with the .276 firmware (Mac OS X 10.8.4). From system info:

Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.10.131.36.16)

Go for it.

I still can't connect at 5GHz (40MHz) with my Intel 6205.
So back to 276 firmware.
Why can't they fix it???

Have you reported this to:

cl-jeremy@asus.com

If you do, also send your settings configuration file and copy of system log. They may have firmware for you to test, you never know.

Please do a beta if possible. Would like to see if it fixes the slow 5G throughput on the iPad 3rd gen. TIA.

I would have to determine first if it's doable without spending weeks on it, in which case we might as well just wait for Asus to do it, since this is already in their plans.

Development here is kinda stalled this weekend, as GParted is going to take 20+ hours resizing my data partition, meaning I only have my laptop for the moment... Grrr...

Next time, I'll either do a backup+restore, or buy a newer version of Acronis Disk Directory (my copy was too old to support GPT partitions).

I still can't connect at 5GHz (40MHz) with my Intel 6205.
So back to 276 firmware.
Why can't they fix it???

Have you deleted the wireless profile on your computer? Also tried resetting the router back to factory defaults and manually reconfiguring (don't restore a saved backup, or it will just reapply the same incorrect settings)?

What's the version of your Intel wireless driver?

After installing this firmware, router seems to get slower as you use it. If I reboot it seems to be very good but over time it's getting slower. I deleted all wireless profiles and connected new to 5g after doing reset.

I have Intel 6300 with latest driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:
I would have to determine first if it's doable without spending weeks on it, in which case we might as well just wait for Asus to do it, since this is already in their plans.
Sure, will wait for it either way but prefer your release over stock anytime. Thanks for the continued development/enhancements over stock.

On any .3xx firmware from Asus my Edimax 5 GHz adapter does not work. Do I have to mail them the adapter to fix this issue?

On any .3xx firmware from Asus my Edimax 5 GHz adapter does not work. Do I have to mail them the adapter to fix this issue?

What's the actual model number?

EW-7733UnD

This device is based on the Ralink RT3573. It would be interesting to compare with what folks having issues are using to see if there's a common trend.