What's new

New iRobot 960

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

coxhaus

Part of the Furniture
We just bought a iRobot 960 Roomba vacuum. What a nice cleaning machine. My issue is getting it to map out my large home. I have only had it for a couple of days and it has not got down to one end of my house. Do the units roam OK? It seems to have stopped where my first wireless ends. I am going to manually take it down to the other end of the house and tell it to clean using the button on the unit. I hope this helps it to map out the whole house. It could be it is just new.

Any comments or recommendations?

If it gets mad and pees on the floor, let us know. :D

unnamed.gif

It turns out the iRobot Roomba 960 vacuum will not cover a house our size. I tried manually starting it on the other end of the house and it can not find it's way home. It just stops on the other end of the house when it runs out of juice even though it's home base is centrally located. I was hoping it would build 1 large map of my home but it does not seem to have that kind of support.
At first I thought is was a Wi-Fi roaming problem but that does not seem to be the case.

I just ordered the iRobot Roomba vacuum i7 which is suppose to cover my size larger home.

I received the iRobot Roomba i7. It has new Wi-Fi programing which supports both 2.4GHz and 5GHz. But it won't work. We tethered my iPhone and put the latest firmware on it but it still does not work. It seems to not pull an IP address after spending all day on it. We have to wait for an official response from iRobot and hopefully a fix.

I have the iRobot i7 running. I came up with 2 problems after taking my wireless down to 1 AP and only using 2.4GHz 20MHz wide. Boy is my wireless slow right now. One of the problems is the i7 will not pull an IP address so I setup a static IP. The other problem was my wife's iPhone7 had the iRobot 960 setup on it and we added the i7. For some reason when setting the i7 the iRobot APP would bomb out after connecting with blue tooth and going back into the iRobot APP on my wife's iPhone. I believe it has to with when wiping out the APP on her iPhone and re-installing it the APP ended coming from the Apple's iCloud instead downloading again. I created a new account on my iPhone7+ and factory reset the i7 and the APP did not bomb out like my wife's iPhone. So it is running using my iPhone7+. I plan to add back all the wireless settings slowly including roaming hopefully with it still running. I will test it as I go.

My first iRobot i7 finally died. It started getting Error 9. iRobot sent me a new one. It is working fine. I explained to them that DHCP in the i7 was not working correct. It worked fine in the 960. But with the i7 I had to hard code an IP address. Then the i7 runs fine either using 2.4GHz or 5GHz.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!