What's new

New Openwrt for R7800

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

oh man this opened a can of worms lol
just out of curiosity @pege what browser are you using. chrome causes that problem. FF and edge dont seem to exhibit the slow loading of the interface

Yes i use the Chrome browser, and the "slow" was only on the "gray" GUI not in the "white" one.

I'm really interested in the fq code for bufferbloat for the 7800. Im running voxels now and the qos gives me a better score but still poor ...its my modem and ISP that give the bloat so I dont expect any router to solve it completely. I'm glad to see there is some solution out there.

Does the HW acceleration working in the Kongs OpenWRT FW?

E.g. OpenVPN / OpenSSL benefits from it.
OK, are you talking about HW network acceleration or HW crypto acceleration? Most embedded crypto accelerations I know do not speed up openvpn as the overhead that is involved to transfering data to the engine and back is slowing down things, most embedded hw crypto engines are optimized for block ecryption and not for openvpn acceleration, thus most embedded devices include asm optimizations. Anyways, openssl speed is faster on kong openwrt compared to stock.

Most embedded crypto accelerations I know do not speed up openvpn as the overhead that is involved to transfering data to the engine and back is slowing down things, most embedded hw crypto engines are optimized for block ecryption and not for openvpn acceleration

There was a thread:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/openssl-hardware-acceleration.40352/

re: HW acceleration of OpenSSL and thus OpenVPN.

Code:
The 'numbers' are in 1000s of bytes per second processed.
type             16 bytes     64 bytes    256 bytes   1024 bytes   8192 bytes
aes-256-cbc       1313.02k     5265.17k    20732.59k    70701.06k   305261.23k

305261.23k (Cortex-A15, 1.7GHz AL-514) vs 157275.48k (Intel Xeon CPU L5420 @ 2.50GHz, high-end HP Proliant server) for 8k blocks.

I.e. for large blocks it has a sense.

Voxel.

Last edited:
hi,

pretty old thread but I wonder if open wrt would be better than dd wrt on R7800?

one thing I saw, amazing how it is much more complex to configure open vpn on open wrt vs dd wrt...

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!