What's new

New POE 802.3bt

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

coxhaus

Part of the Furniture
Anybody using POE 802.3bt? What is the oldest CAT cable you can use? Do you have to have the heavier copper to support it? Are our older CAT cables not going to work? Does the wire need to be solid copper?

Anybody using POE 802.3bt? What is the oldest CAT cable you can use? Do you have to have the heavier copper to support it? Are our older CAT cables not going to work? Does the wire need to be solid copper?
Not all cable is the same. I don't use anything less than 23ga cable. It's available up to like 26ga I think. Bigger copper handles power/signals better.

Yep. Doing 802.3bt Type 3 with a Ruckus R720, a 60W 802.3bt PoE injector and 23AWG solid-core Cat6. Works flawlessly, as expected.

Cat5 and up will work, although I'd suggest heavier gauge and solid-core for longer runs, to keep resistance per pair to a minimum.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!