What's new

New problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gunner72

New Around Here
Hi
I have done the latest ASUS Merlin firmware update to version 384.9 and have noticed an issue in the system log on my RT-AC87U, every time I go in to check the log it’s filled with hundreds of kernel: TCP: time wait bucket table overflow logs, can anyone shed any light on why this is happening and how I can stop it, it didn’t happen in the previous firmware version
Thanks in advance

It usually means you have a client flooding your router with tons of connection attempts.

Can you explain how I do that and once I’ve found the culprit what do I do, thanks

Turn off / unplug your computer and wifi devices one by one until it stops.

I will go through them all, thanks for your responses
I think I’ve narrowed it down to a PS4 which is in the DMZ on my router, how can I stop the problem with the system log......is it as easy as taking the PS4 out of DMZ or could it be another issue

I think I’ve narrowed it down to a PS4 which is in the DMZ on my router, how can I stop the problem with the system log......is it as easy as taking the PS4 out of DMZ or could it be another issue
I suppose you could change the logging/notification level on the syslog page, but that depends on how important/significant is “TCP: time wait bucket table overflow”. If it’s a serious matter, then altering the logging/notification level might have unintended consequences for the reporting of other problems. And, anyway, that would be treating the symptoms and not the cause.

Have you done an Internet search on the topic? I found this, for example, on Google: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/c...wait-bucket-table-overflow-on-rt-ac68u.46242/

Last edited:
Don't put the PS4 in the DMZ. It's exposing it to the whole Internet, no firewall involved. That's a security disaster just waiting to happen.