What's new

New QNAP models in the charts?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

1canuck2

New Around Here
Hi,

When can we expect to see the new QNAP models show up in the charts? I am set on QNAP and was going to get the TS-439 Pro but am curious to see how the TS-419P and TS-410 stack up to it?

The 439 Pro is a little pricey for my liking.. So I'd also love to see what happens if you jam some extra ram in the TS-419P or TS-410, can it compete with the 439 Pro for less $$s? Are either of these models upgradeable RAM-wise?

What's with QNAPs crazy product line, they have soooo many models.

You're not going to see the TS-419P anytime soon.

Adding more RAM only helps performance if you are dealing with file sizes smaller than the NAS RAM size. For large media files, more RAM doesn't really help.

Processor used is the biggest factor in NAS performance. So look at the TS-219P for an idea of the TS-419P's performance. The TS-410 will have lower performance than the TS-419P / TS-219P, because it uses a slower processor.

What you're seeing is QNAP putting price pressure on Synology (and to some extent, Thecus) with more aggressively priced, but lower performance, models. At some point, they'll need to let old models die, since there are too many similar models.

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. Awesome site, btw!

Comparing the TS-219P to the 239 Pro, they are not too far apart on some of the benchmarks. I'd like to assume this can be extrapolated to how the TS-419P would perform compared to the 439 Pro, but wasn't sure if the TS-419P is simply a four disk version of the TS-219P (for example, the 419 has dual ethernet, the 219 only has one)...

There's just too much bloody choice!

Well, the TS-410 will line up in front of its direct predecessor, the TS-409 (I still have this one). I don't expect the 410 to be way more performant than the 409 and I don't expect it to be worth to upgrade from 409 to 410 (in my case). The pricing of TS-439 is quite high atm (more than 600 Euros here). The SS-439 is much cheaper (450Euros here) also it's pretty the same device compared to the TS-439 (lacking the lcd -> the lcd is a nice to have but its not a killer feature to me).

If 2,5" HDD prices drop and 1TB HDDs will become more common, I'd rather consider to buy a SS Model, as it consumes way less power (which is very sexy I think).

In case of TS-439 pricing dropping earlier than 2,5" 1TB HDD, I will buy a TS-439. But I definitly will buy a QNap again as the 409 is working great now for quite a long time. My opinion: Nice brand, good reliability.