What's new

New ROG GT-AX6000 5GHz Disappeared

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KennyB

Occasional Visitor
I just got a new ROG GT-AX6000 last week and have it all setup, it is running 3.0.0.4.386_47629 stock firmware (since there isn't a Merlin one for this router yet).

Starting like about 30 minutes ago, all of the sudden, the 5GHz radio disappeared. Wired LAN still worked, and 2.4GHz was still there. Web GUI showed the radio was still on, but the LED was off on the router. I rebooted the router, from the GUI, and the 5GHz came back for a bit, and then disappeared again after like 10 minutes. I just hard rebooted the router and will see how long this stays. Before this happened earlier, the router had been up for just under a week, with no issues. Anyone have any ideas?

Suggest trying a WPS button full factory reset to defaults at this point. Then when the router's back up again, manually re-do your settings. Sounds like things have gone off-track enough for that.

If that doesn't fix it, I'd be thinking RMA, myself.

Hi there!

There is a new firmware from 30th of March so may be worth a try!

If this does not help I recommend restoring to factory settings and setting up again.

I had a different issue recently. I was playing with my GT-AX6000's 2.4 and 5GH transmitter power settings. I set 2.4 to lowest energy saving setting and 5GHz to second from bottom, "Fair".
After that, I could not connect my devices back to 5Ghz network! It was very strange indeed!

What I did was move them back to original settings, playing with channel settings and trying tho lower the power settings again, step by step. This time it worked fine but still not sure what this was about.

With the last two firmware versions, 160mhz kills my 5g band altogether on this router. Reverting back to the older firmware fixed it completely. Unacceptable, really, but a solution.

Starting like about 30 minutes ago, all of the sudden, the 5GHz radio disappeared.

This may happen if you use DFS channels and the router detects radar transmissions. Use 36-48 or 149-161 @80MHz and test again.

This may happen if you use DFS channels and the router detects radar transmissions. Use 36-48 or 149-161 @80MHz and test again.
It is strange to me that it works on older firmware and my TP Link AX11000 had no issues at all. UK-based, in small village, so unlikely to be radar ....

This is a new router, don't expect everything working perfectly on the few initial firmware versions.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!