What's new

New router advice

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

siri_uk

Occasional Visitor
Hi guys,

I've had a netgear r9000 running Voxel firmware for a while now, last night the router decided to factory reset itself and took a while to fix as it kept resetting. I've decided to retire the r9000 and buy a new router, I've been looking at tp-link ax6000 and ax11000, can anyone recommend a good router, ideally should have 6 lan ports and support LAG to connect to NAS. I don't do any gaming only streaming, downloading and browsing. My broadband is 350 Meg with virgin.

Many thanks

I would stick with the asus routers only because of firmware updates. But others may have good luck with TPLink.

It's interesting and sad how without Voxel firmware I also would not use Netgear.

I know many popular asus ones here do not have 6 Lan ports.

Just plug a switch into it if you need more ports. If you need LAG then a managed switch will provide that. If you need higher bandwidth then get a router that has the same speed as the switch for uplink.

Amazon UK:

1680034784123.png

Get a switch for extra ports.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!