What's new

Solved NEW RT-AC86U BogoMIPS: 100? wah!?!?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wallace_n_Gromit

Just got my New Asus RT-AC86U yesterday. It's Sweet! immediately:

-installed Merlin 386.1_2
-Rebooted Factory Default with "Initialize..." checked
-Hard Reset WPS method
-Configured it up to my liking including those kewl 3rd party AMTM scripts
-Left it on all night

When I type:

Code:
cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep BogoMIPS

I get:

BogoMIPS : 100.00
BogoMIPS : 100.00

I'm hoping that this result is just saying that both CPU's are running at 100%

I know that my 68U shows BogoMIPS : 23xx.xx when overclocked at 1200MHz (2x)

But strangely my RT-N16 (MIPS router) shows BogoMIPS : 265.xx when overclocked at 532MHz (0.5x)

Perhaps this is just a naming convention for this particular CPU?

Last edited:
Search the forum. :rolleyes: BogoMIPS=100.00 is correct for that model.
Oops! That was my next step/last resort :p. The router was running perfectly, so my thinking was that it was the proper result but had to ask.

BTW: Just be glad I didn't start another thread on my concern about my router's temperature << lots of those alreadly! That would have been worth at least 2 :rolleyes:

2nd BTW: Noticed that the RAM usage in this router was very high compared to AC68U. Dutifully did my search and found this:

I Thank All That is Holy, I didn't post about THAT! I'm sure @ColinTaylor would have rated that one at least 2 :rolleyes:

Great source of information this group is! :D

Last edited:
:eek:

cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep BogoMIPS
BogoMIPS : 2798.38
BogoMIPS : 2798.38

OMGoodness! Warp Speed! ;)
I know, that's what I thought!

I have no idea what it means, what processor my AC88U has, or if this is a normal reading. But, I do love the word BogoMIPS :)

I know, that's what I thought!

I have no idea what it means, what processor my AC88U has, or if this is a normal reading. But, I do love the word BogoMIPS :)
Me too! Guess what I'm naming my next Daughter? :D I just hope my son FlexQOS (we call him Flex for short) doesn't hate me when he grows up. ;) @dave14305

I'm guessing that the results that come from that particular command gives results that are based on that "class" or generation of router CPU.

Like the MIPS router I have shows BogoMIPS results that are slightly LESS than half the CPU Clockspeed. I'm guessing ALL MIPS routers are like that?

My RT-AC68U shows BogoMIPS results that are slightly LESS than double the CPU Clockspeed. I'm guessing ALL ARM routers with my generation/class are like that? If so, then your RT-AC88U running at 1400MHz (I'm guessing) due to your results BogoMIPS : 2798.38 would be in the same class/generation as mine.

So then the RT-AC86U with BogoMIPS : 100 , I'm guessing, all routers running my class of CPU would have the same "100" result?

So what, then, would be the result of the newest HND routers?

EDIT: After doing some further research HND (Home Network Defender service) routers are a collaboration of TrendMicro and Linksys by Cisco routers--A Paid for Service. Assumed since Rmerlin had mentioned HND routers that he was specifically talking Asus. Silly me, of course, he would have a broad interest in ALL things networking and not just Asus.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!