What's new

Release New RT-AC86U firmware 3.0.0.4.386_41634

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LimJK

Very Senior Member
New RT-AC86U firmware 3.0.0.4.386_41634

- Release Note -
Bug Fixes and Enhancements:

1. Fixed Let’s Encrypt not working properly.
2. Added IPTV supports for specific region.
3. Fixed Parental Control issues.

Hi, I accidentally found this release from the Firmware Upgrade GUI for both my RT-AC86U AiMesh Nodes.

I was struggling with 2.4GHz Band degrading from 3 streams to 1 stream on my RT-AC86U AiMesh Nodes running either Stock Beta RT-AC86U 9.0.0.4_386_41994 or Merlin RT-AC86 386.2. So I decided to downgrade it to official Stock Release RT-AC86U_3.0.0.4_386_40451-g30f1b6c to see if I get back my 2.4GHz Band stability for both my AiMesh Nodes.

After Upgrading, I saw the yellow exclamation mark indicating availablility of new stock Firmware :)

Edit: I recalled that this firmware was released sometime back, but, shortly after that disappeared from the official download site.

Last edited:
i see it in gui.

isit the fixed version built off the beta version?

this isnt listed for me on the asus site.

You still need to use 386.41994 for security updates.

hmmmm, wonder why not many folks have commented, is there an issue?

still not showing on asus's website. why release the same firmware when there's a beta that's already two month old with all the security patches ? the notes are the same as the old patch, does that mean it doesn't include all the beta's fixes ? i'm confused :oops:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!