What's new

New Rt_AX88U Pro port forwarding not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

clouless

Occasional Visitor
Just got an Rt_AX88U Pro I am upgrading from a RT AX86U I copy my port forwarding setting from my working RT AX86U to the new one and disconnect the RT AX86U but Port forwarding is not working! Any help would be very helpful

Just got an Rt_AX88U Pro I am upgrading from a RT AX86U I copy my port forwarding setting from my working RT AX86U to the new one and disconnect the RT AX86U but Port forwarding is not working! Any help would be very helpful
Port forwarding working with no issues here. Suggest you try Asus firmware and do a hard factory reset with a manual configure.

ok good to know something I probably forgot in my setting but so far i have got the exact manual copy from one router to the other one but no joy

Attachments

• swag.png
    swag.png
    287.4 KB · Views: 49
  • ax88-PF.png
    ax88-PF.png
    224.3 KB · Views: 57
Check whether your WAN IP address has changed. This usually happens when you switch routers.

P.S. Please update your signature.

Are you trying to forward http and https to a second device? Are you sure the external/Internal ports are correct?

ok good to know something I probably forgot in my setting but so far i have got the exact manual copy from one router to the other one but no joy
Check that the device you are trying to port forward to has the correct IP address (192.168.50.50). Could be it pulled a different address if you don't have a manual one assign to the client device under the DHCP manual reservation section. Standard troubleshooting step of rebooting the router and rebooting the client device should be performed.

Check that you haven't blocked internet access to the client device or that there is some other issue going on or service enabled that you didn't have enabled on the previous router.

Check whether your WAN IP address has changed. This usually happens when you switch routers.

P.S. Please update your signature.
No it did not change got the Ip pass thru behind the Isp router
Are you trying to forward http and https to a second device? Are you sure the external/Internal ports are correct?
Absolutely I am using swagg on my nas and they are the ports I have to open as soon I switch with the old RT AX86U everything is back
Check that the device you are trying to port forward to has the correct IP address (192.168.50.50). Could be it pulled a different address if you don't have a manual one assign to the client device under the DHCP manual reservation section. Standard troubleshooting step of rebooting the router and rebooting the client device should be performed.

Check that you haven't blocked internet access to the client device or that there is some other issue going on or service enabled that you didn't have enabled on the previous router.
the client got a real static IP not DHCP manual reservation
by the way all my wired clients on the network map on the 88 pro say now static kind of strange!
All devices have been rebooted router and client and the client got internet access

Attachments

• 2023-06-24_104101.png
    2023-06-24_104101.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
How are you testing this?

Are ports 80 and 443 showing as open on canyouseeme.org ? Are these TCP or UDP ports?

Try forwarding external port 12345 to internal port 450 and seeing if that is open.

P.S. What is swagg?

No this is the problem they are blocked with this router even 12345 just noticed the isp from can you see me 108.89.xxx.xxx is different from WAN IP:192.168.1.XXX in the router probably where the issue is?
swagg is a reverse proxy

Last edited:
just noticed the isp from can you see me 108.89.xxx.xxx is different from WAN IP:192.168.1.XXX int he router probably where the issue is?
This will be the problem. Looks like your passthrough isn't working on the ISP router. Is it linked to the router's MAC address?

But when I switched with the 86U router the passthru is working?

Like I said, is passthough linked to the (Asus) router's MAC address? On some ISP routers it is.
Probably that, I forgot how I set it up! on my old gonna look for it what page of the router should I look for?

Probably that, I forgot how I set it up! on my old gonna look for it what page of the router should I look for?
This would be set on your ISP router. I don't know what page that would be as you haven't told us anything about that device.

I found the mac from the old router fc:34:97:3a:94:58 where do I find the one for the rt AX88 ?
I guess on the tag hihi
and in the system status

Last edited:
Working thank you all for your aid now WAN IP:108.89.XXX.XXX port forwarding working
now got to figure out how to use vlan with home assistant I guess this is a topic for a new thread!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!