What's new

NFS sharing not working with 3004.388.4 on RT-AX88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Beherit

Regular Contributor
After upgrading from 388.2.2 to 3004.388.4, NFS sharing stopped working for me.

On all my computers, showmount -e router.local results in the error:
Code:
rpc mount export: RPC: Unable to receive; errno = Connection refused

I've tried enabling NFS v2 and rebooting the computers and the router but that doesn't change anything.

Doing a 'cat syslog.log | grep nfs' only shows:
Code:
Aug 26 11:16:58 kernel: nfsd: last server has exited, flushing export cache
Aug 26 11:18:17 statd[3400]: Running as root.  chown /var/lib/nfs to choose different user
Aug 26 12:29:20 kernel: nfsd: last server has exited, flushing export cache
Aug 26 12:29:30 statd[11578]: Running as root.  chown /var/lib/nfs to choose different user
Aug 26 12:30:27 kernel: nfsd: last server has exited, flushing export cache
Aug 26 12:35:57 statd[4517]: Running as root.  chown /var/lib/nfs to choose different user
Aug 26 12:40:55 kernel: nfsd: last server has exited, flushing export cache
Aug 26 12:40:57 statd[17908]: Running as root.  chown /var/lib/nfs to choose different user

My /etc/exports is as follows:
Code:
/mnt/USB 192.168.50.0/23(no_root_squash,nohide,rw,no_subtree_check,fsid=0,async,insecure,crossm)

Any ideas what could be the cause of this and how to make NFS grea.. err I mean, work again? Nothing has changed with SMB.

Update: Attempting to manually mount the shared drive from any computer, results in:
Code:
Aug 26 13:14:37 mountd[4733]: refused mount request from 192.168.50.122 for /tmp/mnt/USB (/tmp/mnt/USB):
unmatched host

What does 'unmatched host' mean? And isn't 192.168.50.122 within the scope of 192.168.50.0/23?

Last edited:
Try changing the access list from 192.168.50.0/23 to * and see if that makes a difference.

Side note: It looks like you're using .local as your DNS domain? As mentioned in numerous posts this is a bad idea because that is reserved for avahi (et al.) use. Use something like home.lan instead.

Last edited:
Try changing the access list from 192.168.50.0/23 to * and see if that makes a difference.
Somewhat, now showmount -e router.local shows:
Code:
Export list for router.local:
/tmp/mnt/USB *

But I still cannot mount it.

Side note: It looks like you're using .local as your DNS domain? As mentioned in numerous posts this is a bad idea because that is reserved for avahi (et al.) use. Use something like home.lan instead.
Never had any issues with it. I don't really wanna change it as it'd require a bit of time I don't have the time right now to reconfigure stuff.

That said, I also tried mounting using IP address and not hostname, no difference.

I did notice this, not sure if it's related to this issue but it does look a bit weird:
The /etc/exports file contains:
Code:
/mnt/USB *(no_root_squash,nohide,rw,no_subtree_check,fsid=0,async,insecure,crossmnt)

But when I run the exportfs -vra command, it says:
Code:
exporting *:/tmp/mnt/USB

Notice the /tmp prefix. Why the inconsistency? The syslog entry in my original post also says /tmp/mnt/USB and not /mnt/USB.

When I try to mount from the NFS share from a computer when adding the /tmp/mnt/USB entry instead of /mnt/USB, the nfsd process crashes on the router:
Code:
Aug 26 15:47:26 kernel: CPU: 0 PID: 17831 Comm: mountd Tainted: P           O    4.1.51 #2[/CODE)

Hmm, that doesn't look good.

Try this, in the GUI change your export to:

/mnt/USB * rw,sync

The addition of the /tmp prefix is normal because of the symlink.

It was the crossmnt option that causes nfsd to crash on the router. No idea what the reason was long ago for me to add it, but everything seems to work fine now without it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!