What's new

NIGHTHAWK X4S R7800+VOXEL+IPv6 DHCPv6 with Prefix Delegation?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

QuinTeknoLife

New Around Here
Hi guys,

I'm running an R7800 for my network, flashed with latest VOXEL fw (+kamoj addon) hooked onto my ISPs modem in bridge mode. Recently my ISP (finally) enabled IPv6 for their bridged modems, but they require DHCPv6 with the prefix delegation set to 52. Sadly VOXEL (and presumably ofw as well) does not give me the option to set the PD anywhere, in any of the v6 modes. How would I tackle this problem so that I can set the PD somehow? Config files? nvram setting? (I am (very) familiar with ssh for what it is worth, don't worry about the complexity any solution is welcome)

Auto discover seems to resolve to an 6to4 tun which is _not_ what we want, we want DHCP(v6).

Quite a lot less than half a year, but have you upgraded the firmware in the meantime?

(Latest VOXEL fw doesn't mean anything).

Quite a lot less than half a year, but have you upgraded the firmware in the meantime?

Lmao I might've been a tad high when I posted that :p

Firmware updater says there's no new fw available. I did update it when it asked me about fw but I initially was under the impression that that was just a language/UX-update, what's the procedure to update the fw you mean? Back to stock, update, reinstall Vox?

Firmware updater says there's no new fw available. I did update it when it asked me about fw but I initially was under the impression that that was just a language/UX-update, what's the procedure to update the fw you mean? Back to stock, update, reinstall Vox?
Get latest voxel fw V1.0.2.98SF from voxel's fw hosting site.
Admin UI > Firmware Update > Browse Downloaded FW and Update

Auto discover seems to resolve to an 6to4 tun which is _not_ what we want, we want DHCP(v6).
Then don't select auto detect. Manually select what you want under Advanced Setup > IPv6 in Admin UI. DHCP is one of the option.

does not give me the option to set the PD anywhere, in any of the v6 modes. How would I tackle this problem so that I can set the PD somehow? Config files? nvram setting? (I am (very) familiar with ssh for what it is worth, don't worry about the complexity
pd option is available in the file "/etc/dhcp6c.conf"

I already have been on the latest version for a couple days now.
Then don't select auto detect. Manually select what you want under Advanced Setup > IPv6 in Admin UI. DHCP is one of the option.

Ooh, that last line sounds very promissing! Time to read into that a bit

I tried messing arround with pd options but couldn't get it to work, any help with this?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!