What's new

No 384.7 alpha 3 for AC87U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I think the GPL for the 87 came out a couple of weeks ago so likely it’s correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's just that I didn't enable it in my build script last time I did a test compile for my own development purposes. Remember that alpha builds are only test builds that chose to upload after generating them for my own test needs, and there is no guarantee about how often or which model are available at any time. If you absolutely want a specific build, you will have to compile it yourself, or wait for the formal beta period.

It's just that I didn't enable it in my build script last time I did a test compile for my own development purposes. Remember that alpha builds are only test builds that chose to upload after generating them for my own test needs, and there is no guarantee about how often or which model are available at any time. If you absolutely want a specific build, you will have to compile it yourself, or wait for the formal beta period.

Thanks for the reply - I will either wait for the beta or simply do some reading on compiling my own. Is there some guide for compiling own builds? And, of course, what environments are needed?
---

Nevermind - answering my own question :)
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Compile-Firmware-from-source-using-Ubuntu

wil tis be released for the ac3200 soon ? thanks 384.6 still working well

wil tis be released for the ac3200 soon ? thanks 384.6 still working well

No, Asus hasn't released any new firmware for the AC3200, and the binary components from the previous version are not compatible with the source code used by 384.7. Same thing with the RT-AC56U, neither models will be available for 384.7.

No, Asus hasn't released any new firmware for the AC3200, and the binary components from the previous version are not compatible with the source code used by 384.7. Same thing with the RT-AC56U, neither models will be available for 384.7.

If 384.6 is the final version for the 3200 then I guess it's time to start thinking about moving on. Is there an obvious list of which out of all of the Asus products is the most recent (and hence hopefully has the longest life to go)?

Do you think this the "end of the road" for the 3200? Would the Ac86U be 'future-ish proof' or what model would you recommend

Guy, ASUS are just a bit lax on releasing GPL’s!

Just because they missed a model for one release doesn’t mean it’s EOL!

Be patient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never said that 384.6 would be the final release for the AC3200, just that 384.7 would not be available for that model. Not every model is certain to be available for every release, it all depends on Asus's own firmware release timetable, and the compatibility with the 384 GPL code used by my firmware. The same happened with the RT-AC87U, which didn't have any compatible GPL for 384.6, but it does for 384.7. If in the coming months Asus releases a new 382 release that's compatible with the 384 GPL code that I use for 384.8, then the AC3200 will be available for that next release.

This is the price to pay for supporting devices from two separate firmware branches (382 and 384), the code of both branches isn't always in sync. This was already announced last year when the move to 382/384 began.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!