What's new

No "ACCEPT" lines/data in the System Log or Syslog ...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Alex Tiedemann

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

Using Asuswrt-Merlin 380.64_2 on my AC68U.

For some reason i can't see "Accepted" connections in the System Log, can only see "Dropped" connections.
Have the same problem when reading the Syslog data on a local computer.

In Administration > System i have set
Logging to a local IP
Default message log level: Debug.
Log only messages more urgent than: All.

In Firewall > General i have set
Logged pacekts type: Both.

So get informaion about DHCP, when the VPN Clients connects/disconnets, Dropped connections and so on, but not Accepted connections.

Used to get Accepted in the log before at one point, but after having updated firmware in the router and having resat it as well, somehow i no longer can see those lines in the log.

If i set In Firewall > General > Logged pacekts type: Accept, i still don't get the Accepted lines in the log.

/$ nvram show | grep 'log'
size: 53437 bytes (12099 left)
dhcpd_querylog=1
log_ipaddr=192.168.1.192
log_port=514
webdav_last_login_info=
message_loglevel=7
log_accepted=1
log_size=256
log_dropped=1
vpn_loglevel=3
log_level=8
PM_attach_modemlog=
login_timestamp=1856
log_enable=1
pushnotify_httplogin=1
http_autologout=10
PM_attach_syslog=
console_loglevel=5
log_rejected=1
fw_log_x=both
login_ip=2869012672

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Alex T.

From router's web interface Firewall > General; you can only configure for the WAN to LAN packets which are dropped and forwarded. To see forwarded packets you need to have a forwarded port a packet should come with this port in its destination port.

If you want to see LAN-to WAN packets in logs; (I'm not sure) but you need to use;

iptables -I FORWARD 8 -i br0 -j logaccept

From router's web interface Firewall > General; you can only configure for the WAN to LAN packets which are dropped and forwarded. To see forwarded packets you need to have a forwarded port a packet should come with this port in its destination port.

If you want to see LAN-to WAN packets in logs; (I'm not sure) but you need to use;

iptables -I FORWARD 8 -i br0 -j logaccept

Yes, interested in seeing both blocked and accepted connections from LAN --> WAN and see lots of lines now after entering that line into the iptables.

Thanks a lot. :)

Yes, interested in seeing both blocked and accepted connections from LAN --> WAN and see lots of lines now after entering that line into the iptables.

Thanks a lot. :)

You're welcome but there is something :) after reboot you need to run this command again. So again I'm not sure; I think you need to put this in "firewall-start" under jffs/scripts to start automatically after reboot.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online