What's new

No AiMesh RT-AC67U after FW upgrade 3.0.0.4.386_49703

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

denman1710

New Around Here
Hello all. I have been using an Asus RT-AC86U for a long time now.
The 86U with FW 3.0.0.4.386_48260 is the main router and i have 4x the RT-AC67U as AiMesh node. After updating the AiMesh nodes to FW 3.0.0.4.386_49703 this morning, the nodes can no longer be found in my network. I have now reset 1 and went back to the web interface to search for the node. The node has been found and added, but ...... after a minute the connection is broken, the node has gone offline and after several restarts it does not come back online, while all LEDs are lit on the node... ..

Who has the solution, because I need to reset 3 more.

Hello all. I have been using an Asus RT-AC86U for a long time now.
The 86U with FW 3.0.0.4.386_48260 is the main router and i have 4x the RT-AC67U as AiMesh node. After updating the AiMesh nodes to FW 3.0.0.4.386_49703 this morning, the nodes can no longer be found in my network. I have now reset 1 and went back to the web interface to search for the node. The node has been found and added, but ...... after a minute the connection is broken, the node has gone offline and after several restarts it does not come back online, while all LEDs are lit on the node... ..

Who has the solution, because I need to reset 3 more.

I wonder if turning OFF 3 of the nodes while adding the fourth reset node would make a difference. Otherwise, maybe a firmware issue... or maybe that AC86U has co-incidentally decided to die like they are known to do.

If reverting a node to the former fw works, you might have to do that and wait for a fix.

OE

Hi OE, thks for the quick response....

I have now reset the other nodes. All 4 nodes are found, but only 1 of those nodes remains online. The rest will go offline after a few seconds. It doesn't seem like a FW issue to me, but the hardware of the AC86U is.....

Hi OE, thks for the quick response....

I have now reset the other nodes. All 4 nodes are found, but only 1 of those nodes remains online. The rest will go offline after a few seconds. It doesn't seem like a FW issue to me, but the hardware of the AC86U is.....

How many sq ft are you covering with 5 APs... could it be an interference issue (nevermind 'it worked before' :) )?

OE

i am covering 1700m2 (10.8 square feet) and yes it workt perfect before.

Wow, 18,300 sq ft... ok, I suppose that's about right for 5 APs.

Presumbly the AC86U fw is current.

Could recommission the network (hard reset and configure from scratch) beginning with the AC86U and one node. You said you've had the network along time... maybe it's due for a clean re-install:

o Remove nodes from AiMesh to Reset, wait
o Restore+Initialize root node to Hard Reset, wait
o Configure root node from scratch (do not Restore from file)

Reset FAQ
Reset button/webUI Restore/node removal - clears settings in NVRAM; reboot restores fw defaults from CFE (fw defaults)
Hard Reset via WPS button/webUI Restore+Initialize - also clears data logged in /jffs partition (fw defaults+clear logs)
Restoration - uploads fw in Rescue Mode

Or revert the firmware.

OE

Update....it works again!
The nodes were offline after the fw update. I had started this update via the RT-AC86U. I shouldn't have done this, the ASUS service indicated. So I have now reset all nodes and manually updated them 1 by 1 to the previous FW 3.0.0.4.386_48262. It's all working again now...thankfully!

Update....it works again!
The nodes were offline after the fw update. I had started this update via the RT-AC86U. I shouldn't have done this

Or at least not wholesale... update one, test it awhile... if issues, remove it to reset, add it back, test it awhile... if good to go, update the rest of them.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!