What's new

No graph on Internet Connection(WAN)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Khadanja

Running 384.9 on RT-AC68U
I don't see any traffic graph on the Internet Connection (WAN) tab. If I click on wired or wireless then I start seeing? Why is that?
zNt2bXF

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    136.9 KB · Views: 472
Was this a dirty upgrade from the previous firmware version you were running?

Or did you reset the router to factory defaults afterward and then continued with a minimal and manual installation (i.e. not using a saved config file).

Reset the router before and after the update to Rmerlin firmware. I don't think graph worked on stock Asus firmware too. What does the WAN tab show? Total wired+Wireless?

Could this be the reason? I have selected Vodafone NZ which I believe sets the VID 10 on Internet port.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 246
What does the WAN tab show? Total wired+Wireless?
Close. It only shows what goes up and down your WAN connection. If you have two computers in your home talking to each other then you would not see that on your WAN display. If you have a computer talking to something on the Internet that should show up on your WAN display.

On occasion my WAN display shows nothing. I usually get it back by just clicking around, like 24 hour display and then back to real time.
I have selected Vodafone NZ which I believe sets the VID 10 on Internet port.
I have no idea what that's all about but it made me think. Your router has 5 Ethernet ports, one "WAN" and four "LAN". IF (long shot) your Internet is connected to a "LAN" port rather than the "WAN" port then you would see no activity.

Close. It only shows what goes up and down your WAN connection. If you have two computers in your home talking to each other then you would not see that on your WAN display. If you have a computer talking to something on the Internet that should show up on your WAN display.

On occasion my WAN display shows nothing. I usually get it back by just clicking around, like 24 hour display and then back to real time.

I have no idea what that's all about but it made me think. Your router has 5 Ethernet ports, one "WAN" and four "LAN". IF (long shot) your Internet is connected to a "LAN" port rather than the "WAN" port then you would see no activity.
Internet is connected to WAN port and also VLN tagging is enabled with VID 10 for WAN port. That’s how it works here.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!