What's new

No high end Asus routers released in a year!?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Do you have any estimation on what kind of difference if any the GT-AX6000 would have running OpenVPN with its 2.0ghz cpu compared to the 1.8ghz chip in the AX88U?
I assume it would be largely a linear performance gain since they are both using Cortex B53 cores.

I assume it would be largely a linear performance gain since they are both using Cortex B53 cores.
No such thing as a Cortex-B53, it's just what Broadcom calls their Cortex-A53 chips. I doubt they made any architectural changes, unlike what Qualcomm does.

The antennas on the ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 seems to be detachable. Could be useful in a bridging scenario with an external antenna.

Why haven't Asus released any high end¹ routers since last autumn or so? The semiconductor problems? Are there any known upcoming devices?

¹ I'm referring to something that checks most of these boxes
* WiFi 6e
* 10 Gbps Ethernet
* AX11000
* USB 3.2 (USB-C?)
* 3x3
* WPA3
* Expensive :cool:
I must bump this thread. It is 1,5-2 years without any new high end router. Why why WHY!?!? Any official announcement from ASUS?

There's been hints at "Pro" versions of routers coming in the roadmap but I don't think they'll check all those boxes...

I must bump this thread. It is 1,5-2 years without any new high end router. Why why WHY!?!? Any official announcement from ASUS?
The GT-AXE16000 was released about a month ago. So, I'm not sure what you are talking about there, it can't get any higher end that this...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!