What's new

No more Source Code from ASUS?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KevTech

Very Senior Member
Has Asus stopped providing the GPL source code?
I went to look for the AX86 source and nothing listed.
Then went and looked for AC86 and nothing there either.

ASUS intends to continue to provide GPLs but is having some internal issues with producing GPLs. RMerlin has commented on it a few times in various threads, but no details provided on the issue.

how ? zip it up and upload the source lol damn asus
It's not that simple. Archives need to be limited to the specific model they cover (you don't want to download a 30 GB archive for a single model), they also need to precompile some components and move them to a specific location, filter out private source code, test that the resulting code compiles properly, etc...

The GPL that you download is quite different from the source code they work from internally.

Today, rarely does anything rest on one, entity, entirely. I'm sure Asus has been waiting for other pieces of the puzzle from others too.

It's not that simple. Archives need to be limited to the specific model they cover (you don't want to download a 30 GB archive for a single model), they also need to precompile some components and move them to a specific location, filter out private source code, test that the resulting code compiles properly, etc...

The GPL that you download is quite different from the source code they work from internally.
i just find it shady.. i was under the impression (i know i'm wrong now) that open source was just all or nothing.. you cant pick and choose

btw @RMerlin check you pm when you get a chance please if you could. thank you