What's new

No wifi connection after changing routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pplui

Occasional Visitor
I had an 3100 with ac68u in mesh mode, one said for 5ghz, another for 2.4ghz, and another 2.4ghzz guest said to manage 60 IoT devices

Suddenly I started to not being able to connect through wifi and sometimes connected without internet

Most of the problems showed up in the IoT devices and my galaxi s22, but not in my son's Huawei. Then it started to fail in every device.
Now, I tested with several routers keeping the same said/password and it is worst

I tried almost everything:
1- reset through the GUI
2- reset pushing reset
3- reset pushing wds
4- setting up the router wirelessly
5- being patient disconnect it for 30 minutes and try to reconnect and set it up again

I read that sometimes you have to change the SSId, otherwise you will run in my kind of problems

Is it there any easy solution for my problem? I do not want to reprogram all my IoT devices

I had an 3100 with ac68u in mesh mode, one said for 5ghz, another for 2.4ghz, and another 2.4ghzz guest said to manage 60 IoT devices

Suddenly I started to not being able to connect through wifi and sometimes connected without internet

Most of the problems showed up in the IoT devices and my galaxi s22, but not in my son's Huawei. Then it started to fail in every device.
Now, I tested with several routers keeping the same said/password and it is worst

I tried almost everything:
1- reset through the GUI
2- reset pushing reset
3- reset pushing wds
4- setting up the router wirelessly
5- being patient disconnect it for 30 minutes and try to reconnect and set it up again

I read that sometimes you have to change the SSId, otherwise you will run in my kind of problems

Is it there any easy solution for my problem? I do not want to reprogram all my IoT devices

Sudden change may suggest a hardware fault... or radio/WiFi issues. I suggest you re-commission your network from scratch, starting with the router and current firmware hard reset to its default settings. Don't proceed to add the node until you have the router working as it should with your clients.

Feel free to re-use your SSIDs... without Smart Connect (not supported by the AC68U).

Some reading:

Reset FAQ
Reset button/webUI Restore/node removal - clears settings in NVRAM; reboot restores fw defaults from CFE (fw defaults)
Hard Reset via WPS button/webUI Restore+Initialize - also clears data logged in /jffs partition (fw defaults+clear data)

Use a WiFi Analyzer app on your mobile to 'see' all WiFi around you to be sure your signals are present and stable.

OE

Last edited:
Sudden change may suggest a hardware fault... or radio/WiFi issues. I suggest you re-commission your network from scratch, starting with the router and current firmware hard reset to its default settings. Don't proceed to add the node until you have the router working as it should with your clients.

Feel free to re-use your SSIDs... without Smart Connect.

Some reading:

Reset FAQ
Reset button/webUI Restore/node removal - clears settings in NVRAM; reboot restores fw defaults from CFE (fw defaults)
Hard Reset via WPS button/webUI Restore+Initialize - also clears data logged in /jffs partition (fw defaults+clear data)

Use a WiFi Analyzer app on your mobile to 'see' all WiFi around you to be sure your signals are present and stable.

OE
Thanks for the links! Something to read and play before going to sleep

If you really want to study, work through my install notes... my notes, not a tutorial. :)

OE
I tested everything, with no luck

I created another post about no 5.0ghz connection
Any thoughts?

Link to that post

Thanks

I tested everything, with no luck

I created another post about no 5.0ghz connection
Any thoughts?

Link to that post

Thanks

If it doesn't work anymore right out of the the gate like it should, then it may have failed, so I'd try a different router.

OE

I think that there is something wrong with theatest ac3100 firmware.

I flashed that latest firmware in a ac68u, did the quick setup, assigned my old said and password and all my IoT devices were connected immediately.

But after doing exactly the same with the ac3100 I have no IoT connection and also my phone's have troubles ( phone have no troubles if I block the IoT connection)

I am using almost 60 tuya ( smartlife) devices

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!