What's new

No wifi only Lan is okay

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Samuel_1975

Regular Contributor
I wonder if you can do factory reset without losing remote control and I tested with my router on asus and then remote control disappeared completely, what to do when I want to help my sister when wifi does not start and even if it is full signal it will that not out on the internet and I wonder can one overlap with the same firmware to maintain remote control?

I have contacted the support about incorrect reporting of the log
yes hope you can solve it in some way as I can not right now for a while to visit my sister to help her as she lives a few hours away from me and then I do not have a car

Screenshot_20210816-142156_ASUS Router.jpg

What router model?

If you do factory reset, you'll lose all the settings including remote control, obviously. If you re-flash the same firmware on top, you'll change nothing and the issue will be still there. By the way, this Asus app opens Access from WAN and is considered high security risk.

well I know and after I linked the ip and mac address so the person could not bypass the system but it started sending out overflow in the log of something as it tries to go through the system and I know where the mac addresses come from within the same family that has this problem due to his son who is 15 years old, I will try to restore via a phone to the router if possible and it will be a new experience to learn it, well it logs a lot right now on the log in the router and waits until my sister comes home and activates remote control if it goes by phone

What router model?

If you do factory reset, you'll lose all the settings including remote control, obviously. If you re-flash the same firmware on top, you'll change nothing and the issue will be still there. By the way, this Asus app opens Access from WAN and is considered high security risk.

Asus router rt-ax92u

after I linked the ip and mac address so the person could not bypass the system but it started sending out overflow in the log of something as it tries to go through the system

No idea what are you talking about and what the actual problem is, sorry. The screenshot you have attached shows nothing, some traffic.

No idea what are you talking about and what the actual problem is, sorry. The screenshot you have attached shows nothing, some traffic.
I can not post pictures on ip number and mac address which is also in the log as it is asus that has pictures that I have sent in

well we fixed and was was not so easy as asus was not allowed to be used completely on TeamViewer and I had to support for about two hours by phone,

well I googled what it said in this log when the other information disappeared after factory reset

( the for all devices flag of prof 1 has been set to disable )

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!