What's new

No wired clients traffic showing on network map

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mathieu

Regular Contributor
Evening all

Thank you RMerlin for yet another brilliant piece of wizardry.

Since updating to 384.11_2, I have noticed that the Network Map wasn't showing any traffic by the wired clients, although they still get data, and appear to function perfectly well.
These clients all have manually reserved IP addresses, defined outside of the DHCP range.

Has it got anything to do with my setup, and such behaviour is to be expected, or is there anything else I should look at?

Thank you

Client 1.3 below currently playing Spotify

Screenshot 2019-05-30 at 20.47.58.png

That is correct. The Tx and Rx rates are for wireless clients only. (It would make no sense for it to show rates for wired devices as it would always be whatever the adapter speed was, e.g. 1Gb or 100Mb)

Evening all

Thank you RMerlin for yet another brilliant piece of wizardry.

Since updating to 384.11_2, I have noticed that the Network Map wasn't showing any traffic by the wired clients, although they still get data, and appear to function perfectly well.
These clients all have manually reserved IP addresses, defined outside of the DHCP range.

Has it got anything to do with my setup, and such behaviour is to be expected, or is there anything else I should look at?

Thank you

Client 1.3 below currently playing Spotify

View attachment 17913
If it has been a while since you flashed to the new firmware then I would suggest a reset to defaults would work. If you just flashed within the last 24 hrs I would wait and watch. They should change.

Edit: Didn't read the question right.