What's new

Non-existent hostname

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SandLake

Occasional Visitor
When I look at "DHCP Leases' on my new RT-AX86U Pro, I see an entry for

RT-AC66U_B1-A3B8 xx.xx.xx.72 aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff 23:59:32

and I guess this relates to an RT-AC66U I used to use, I did notice it a few days ago and I thought it will expire in time but this is several days later and it is still there. When I use the IP Address in chrome it comes to an expired Asus router log in page.

How is this still hanging around?

When I look at "DHCP Leases' on my new RT-AX86U Pro, I see an entry for

RT-AC66U_B1-A3B8 xx.xx.xx.72 aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff 23:59:32

and I guess this relates to an RT-AC66U I used to use, I did notice it a few days ago and I thought it will expire in time but this is several days later and it is still there. When I use the IP Address in chrome it comes to an expired Asus router log in page.

How is this still hanging around?

The expired page may just be cached in your browser, but whatever it is, it is renewing its lease. Reboot the router to clear the DHCP leases and see if it comes back. If so, either your old router is still powered on or someone is using one to steal your wifi.

You don't need to mask the MAC or internal 192.168.x.x IP address, nobody can use those against you. If you look up the first 6 digits of the MAC online you can see if it is actually an asus device or not.