What's new

Not Good At Math...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Elmer

So, the traffic analyzer presents everything in KiloBytes/s (KBps) and I think almost every ISP talks in terms of Megabits/s (Mbps). So is there a way to set this to MBps so we can immediately compare to our ISP advertised speed? Now I know the first thing that is going to pop up here is the conversion factor, but it's like presenting temperature to a dinosaurs like me in C instead of F. Equally, for those with caps, it would be nice to see the total in GB (again what the ISPs use for caps). It would just be a nice touch (and maybe it's already there hidden in plain sight).

So, the traffic analyzer presents everything in KiloBytes/s (KBps) and I think almost every ISP talks in terms of Megabits/s (Mbps). So is there a way to set this to MBps so we can immediately compare to our ISP advertised speed? Now I know the first thing that is going to pop up here is the conversion factor, but it's like presenting temperature to a dinosaurs like me in C instead of F. Equally, for those with caps, it would be nice to see the total in GB (again what the ISPs use for caps). It would just be a nice touch (and maybe it's already there hidden in plain sight).
To compare to advertise speeds you need to run a speed test on speedtest.net

This may help?

A kilobyte = 1000 (or 1024) bytes. megabyte = 1000 (or 1024) kilobytes. gigabyte = 1000 (or 1024) megabytes.

That does not help. Bytes can bite me! Who tf uses bytes?

Dn8Tf3c.png

Last edited:
Not quite. John's fork doesn't have the Traffic Analyzer. It was the Traffic Monitor that John added the option to report in Mbps. So I'm not sure what particular information you're referring to.

Well actually, my bad, I was referring to the traffic monitor page as well, not the traffic analyzer. I Have turned off TrendMicro (not accepted the privacy agreement), so all I have is the monitor - my misquote. What Lotta Cox is referring to is exactly my point. If I'm in the shipping industry I use tons, not ounces. Same should apply here, and this is a fixable quirk of some out of touch programmer. The rest of you give it a rest with the calculators and conversion factors. If you're into that kind of thing then I have a house thermostat I can sell you that displays in Kelvin to keep you happily looking up conversions. Geesh.

@RMerlin
Would you consider adding an option for Mbps in the traffic analyser like @john9527 has in his fork? Everyone wants it. It was the greatest having that in Mbps!
How is john? Been offline for months. Hiya Johnny! Hope you are doing well!

No. I don't touch the Traffic Analyzer page.

@RMerlin
Would you consider adding an option for Mbps in the traffic analyser like @john9527 has in his fork? Everyone wants it. It was the greatest having that in Mbps!
How is john? Been offline for months. Hiya Johnny! Hope you are doing well!

Traffic monitor not traffic analyzer - thanks for asking him - he's kind of touchy - but it sounds like you've worked together in the past

Are we talking about a particular version of the page as most-desired, like realtime, or all?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!