What's new

NTP Daemon for ASUSWRT/Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm ok with the install up to this point:
cp /jffs/configs/fstab /etc; mount -a

After that, /opt is not found anymore

If opt is not found you have a problem with your Entware installation. I’m assuming you already have Entware installed and it’s still there from previous firmware?

I updated from 382.x and made no changes - everything worked aside from Alexa/IFTT page.
I fixed that with “service stop_httpd”, “unmount /www”, “rm -r /opt/var/www”, redoing the tar and sed command and then “mount -a”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All - I went through the steps, got everything installed and put in the cron job. But when I take a look at the GUI it is stuck with the time of install :/. What did I miss that needs to be done additionally ? thank you!

upload_2018-3-2_18-33-34.png
upload_2018-3-2_18-34-18.png

I has started drawing the graph in the first one, I can see the orange line.
Have you waiting 30+ mins after install so you get some actually data? Have you pressed the Refresh button at the bottom of the page?

I has started drawing the graph in the first one, I can see the orange line.
Have you waiting 30+ mins after install so you get some actually data? Have you pressed the Refresh button at the bottom of the page?

waited 15min :). I will give it some time and report back. Thank you.

waited 15min :). I will give it some time and report back. Thank you.

It plots only every 5 mins, so likely you only have 2 data points so far.

I had issues with browser cache (pressing F5 doesn't refresh the graphs), so makes sure you either clear your cache or use the Refresh button at the bottom of the page when you check it later.

I can't mount -a. It does not work and entware is installed fine? Running with AC86U....

dmin@RT-AC86U-F210:/www# mount -a
admin@RT-AC86U-F210:/www# cd /opt
-sh: cd: can't cd to /opt
admin@RT-AC86U-F210:/www#

I can't mount -a. It does not work and entware is installed fine? Running with AC86U....

dmin@RT-AC86U-F210:/www# mount -a

Is there something wrong with the mount -a command in newer firmwares?
admin@RT-AC86U-F210:/www# cp /jffs/configs/fstab /etc; mount -a
admin@RT-AC86U-F210:/www# /opt/etc/init.d/S77ntpd-custom start
-sh: /opt/etc/init.d/S77ntpd-custom: not found

If /opt/ is not mounted you have a problem with your entware install. I know entware has been recently having a major overall, I've not delved into the new merge of v3 and ng yet.

If /opt/ is not mounted you have a problem with your entware install. I know entware has been recently having a major overall, I've not delved into the new merge of v3 and ng yet.

The /opt folder is there and working fine. I think with the AC86U and firmware 384.x there is a problem. The mount -a does not work. I just wish it would post an error or something to give some indication what the problem is....

If anyone figures out what the problem is and how to fix it, please post it.

before the mount -a
dmin@RT-AC86U-F210:/tmp/mnt/sda/entware# cd /opt
admin@RT-AC86U-F210:/tmp/mnt/sda/entware# ls
bin etc home lib root sbin share tmp usr var
admin@RT-AC86U-F210:/tmp/mnt/sda/entware#

After the mount -a
admin@RT-AC86U-F210:/www# cp /jffs/configs/fstab /etc; mount -a
admin@RT-AC86U-F210:/www# /opt/etc/init.d/S77ntpd-custom start
-sh: /opt/etc/init.d/S77ntpd-custom: not found

I'm afraid @JDB or anyone without a RT-86U will be able to quickly help.

A person with that unit + some Linux background shall have better chance figuring out what's going on in the base FW on newer routers.

It looks like mount -a unmounts /opt
I don’t really see how that is possible though!

I have 384.x installed on my AC 88U and all seems OK so I suspect this is unique to the new HND platform on the AC 86U

I have 384.x installed on my AC 88U and all seems OK so I suspect this is unique to the new HND platform on the AC 86U

When I get some time, I'll try and figure out what the problem is. The entware-ng is the new 64bit version, but the older version 32 bits was the previous firmware, it had the same problem.

I can confirm that it's the AC86U that is the problem. I just installed everything on my AC87U and it took about 2 minutes. I'm looking at why the mount -a does not work on the AC86U HND platform.

Getting closer... Just missing the jitter graph? If I want to restart my graphs, which files do I need to delete?

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2018-03-21 17-33-03.png
    Screenshot from 2018-03-21 17-33-03.png
    314.1 KB · Views: 482
Getting closer... Just missing the jitter graph? If I want to restart my graphs, which files do I need to delete?

The graphs are saved in /www/stats-*.png

Just curious. What was the problem of /opt in RT-86U?

I fixed the missing jitter graph. I had to re-install the tar file. After that, it started working.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2018-03-21 23-14-30.png
    Screenshot from 2018-03-21 23-14-30.png
    159.4 KB · Views: 583
I've got it running on my 64-bit RT-AC86U.
The "mount -a" isn't an issue anymore with the 384.5 alpha versions.

1.jpg

2.jpg

There are the following issues after installing which have to be fixed:
- The files ntpd, ntpdc and ntpq in /jffs/bin are 32-bit.
Install ntp-utils with 'opkg install ntp-utils'. Copy ntpdc and ntpq from /opt/var/spool/ntp to /jffs/bin.
Install ntpd with 'opkg install ntpd'. Copy ntpd from /opt/sbin to /jffs/bin.​
- The stats.rrd file in "/opt/var/spool/ntp" is 32-bit and needs to be converted to 64-bit.
See next post for stats.xml code.​

My layout got a different view because I changed it......

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!