What's new

ntpMerlin ntpMerlin - NTP Daemon for AsusWRT Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry, this is on Merlin 384.10 on an 88U

OpenSSL has had some major changes in that version so I think it may be a case if waiting for the entware repo to catch up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OpenSSL has had some major changes in that version so I think it may be a case if waiting for the entware repo to catch up.

Unless @RMerlin can include some backwards compatibility?

Code:
 Checking ntpd...              dead.
 Starting ntpd...              failed.
ntpq: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Receive the above when running the script; what am I missing?

Run opkg update;opkg upgrade

Huh, re-ran the script and on the third attempt, all operating correctly. Just a 'glitch' somewhere I guess.

Now OK though and thank you for the effort you have put into this.

Guess it’s easy enough to sed to a tmp file and then cat it into the original - that would follow the symlink and is all that -i does anyway.

I'm not actually seeing the cron messages in my syslog anymore....even with removing sed. That's weird

I'm not actually seeing the cron messages in my syslog anymore....even with removing sed. That's weird
Might that be because crond now runs with a log level of 9.
Code:
hardcat@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# ps | grep crond
  211 hardcat   1416 S    crond -l 9
 6906 hardcat   1412 S    grep crond

Might that be because crond now runs with a log level of 9.
Code:
hardcat@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# ps | grep crond
  211 hardcat   1416 S    crond -l 9
 6906 hardcat   1412 S    grep crond
In that case, I can drop the sed line altogether :)

1.0.7 released
Changelog
Code:
Remove unneccessary sed on log file - since cron no longer prints to syslog

To update, use option u on the ntpmerlin menu

1.0.8 released
Changelog
Code:
Check S77ntpd contents on menu open - correct as required (self-healing after entware updates)

To update, use option u on the ntpmerlin menu

Excuse me for the carping, but this product (by the way thank you very much for it) is making installation not a kvirc ntpd, but ntpd from Entware.
If I'm right - the Subject is not fully comply with the product ...

Excuse me for the carping, but this product (by the way thank you very much for it) is making installation not a kvirc ntpd, but ntpd from Entware.
If I'm right - the Subject is not fully comply with the product ...
@kvic did the hard work of creating a way to display the graphs in the WebUI. Entware is providing the binaries.

I'll rework the description to better reflect that at some point.

@Jack Yaz is there a way to change the servers used via the menu or do we have to do it manually like the old script to change it to the old script?

Code:
 Checking ntpd...              dead.
 Starting ntpd...              failed.
ntpq: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Receive the above when running the script; what am I missing?
Reboot and re run the installer.

I didn't see where anybody verified this but I've been running this on my RT-AC66U_B1 without issue.

I'd also like to add that this is working great on an RT-AC68U with RMerlin's 384.10 (final) build on it.

Great work!

@kvic did the hard work of creating a way to display the graphs in the WebUI. Entware is providing the binaries.

I'll rework the description to better reflect that at some point.
IIRC @kvic's custom complied ntp included GPS modules that may be missing from Entware's ntp. I could be mis-remembering here though. I toyed with getting a gps time server set up on my AC3200, then gave up and bought an RPi to serve GPS time, because there was a clear way to accomplish that.