What's new

Offical ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.2345

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have the Asus RT-AC3100, and I installed the new firmware last night. In the release notes it said that it added a repeater function. I went to the operation mode screen and there was no option for wireless repeater mode. I also noticed that under "Traffic Analyzer" they added a "Traffic Limiter" tab.

When I clicked on that tab I got a message saying

"Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC3100.
To access the settings of RT-3100, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number."

Also I saw no option for the new smart connect feature.

I tried doing a factory reset on the router and re-installing the firmware update and that did not solve anything. I have also noticed that the control panel loads slowly. I downgraded back to .1354 until this is resolved. Unless anyone has any suggestions for me.

I have the Asus RT-AC3100, and I installed the new firmware last night. In the release notes it said that it added a repeater function. I went to the operation mode screen and there was no option for wireless repeater mode. I also noticed that under "Traffic Analyzer" they added a "Traffic Limiter" tab.

Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC3100.
To access the settings of RT-3100, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number."

I tried doing a factory reset on the router and re-installing the firmware update and that did not solve anything. I have also noticed that the control panel loads slowly. I downgraded back to .1354 until this is resolved. Unless anyone has any suggestions for me.

Did u reset your browsers cache?

So the smart connect feature seems to be working well so far. Here's a quick file transfer test from my NAS.

oh yeah!.JPG

I have the Asus RT-AC3100

The features aren't identical between the AC3100 and AC88. I've seen a few features that were only enabled (for now?) on the RT-AC88U.

I also noticed that under "Traffic Analyzer" they added a "Traffic Limiter" tab.

That feature is still under development, and not enabled in the firmware yet. The www code is still missing support to hide/display that link relative to whether the router has this feature enabled or not.

Only enabled on the RT-AC88U (so far).

I was surprised to see Asus release this 2345 build, as it didn't seemed to be ready for prime time when I got that source code two weeks ago.

The features aren't identical between the AC3100 and AC88. I've seen a few features that were only enabled (for now?) on the RT-AC88U.

That feature is still under development, and not enabled in the firmware yet. The www code is still missing support to hide/display that link relative to whether the router has this feature enabled or not.

Only enabled on the RT-AC88U (so far).

I was surprised to see Asus release this 2345 build, as it didn't seemed to be ready for prime time when I got that source code two weeks ago.

Thanks Merlin. Could you think of any reason on why the GUI would load slowly after the firmware upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Merlin. Could you think of any reason on why the GUI would load slowly after the firmware upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have noticed the last alpha firmware 2310 and the new 2345 have lag in the UI but strangely seems to get better over time.

Just realized it says tri-band smart connect, I should call ASUS and tell them my second 5Ghz band isn't working! :D

Anything in particular you saw wrong with it? I have the 3100.

IPTV is still a work-in-progress, the traffic limiter is also unfinished but not fully disabled, etc...

So the smart connect feature seems to be working well so far. Here's a quick file transfer test from my NAS.

View attachment 5805

Hi
Can you show and explaen how you configure Smart Connect ?

And can you check is Apps analysis working ok and show speed ?

Last edited:
Now getting the following error when attempting to download .2345 from some of the OS categories (e.g., Windows 10 64-bit, Mac OS):

An error occurred while processing your request.
Reference #132.343bd417.1458750573.51f7f35

They were both working fine yesterday. Has Asus pulled the FW?

I did notice, however, that the link is not only working under Android, Windows 10 32-bit, and others but that there's also a brand new beta (9.0.0.4.380.2697) for direct download released 3/23.

Last edited:
Now getting the following error when attempting to download .2345 from some of the OS categories (e.g., Windows 10 64-bit, Mac OS):

Reference #132.343bd417.1458750573.51f7f35

They were both working fine yesterday. Has Asus pulled the FW?

I did notice, however, that the link is not only working under Android, Windows 10 32-bit, and others but that there's also a brand new beta (9.0.0.4.380.2697) for direct download released 3/23.

Patience, Asus are re-uploading a fixed zipfile for 2345.

This FW GUI is very lagy...

This FW GUI is very lagy...
My anecdotal experience is that this resolves itself in time. I noticed the same thing immediately after the upgrade, but now it seems faster than with the previous FW.

My anecdotal experience is that this resolves itself in time. I noticed the same thing immediately after the upgrade, but now it seems faster than with the previous FW.

Same here slow at first then ok. Try to explain that.. ;)

Can't even download the firmware at all:

Reference #132.1d4c7968.1458807627.5a59bc7

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!