What's new

Official Asus RT-AC3100 Firmware. 3.0.0.4.380.2345

• Thread starter Deleted member 22229
  • Start date
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Just flashed 2345 and i see no option for repeater mode or smart connect as mentioned in the brief change log. Router functions are working fine as of now. o_O

Just flashed 2345 and i see no option for repeater mode or smart connect as mentioned in the brief change log. Router functions are working fine as of now. o_O
Yup was gonna mention this myself, seems like a copy, and paste job. Very poor one, as you said missing two things mentioned. I wonder if it's the same for the AC88U firmware as well. Because then it would sound like wrong change log for the firmware they posted for both model's.

EDIT: Also this version is almost the exact same as the alpha 2310 build, size, and all. Which both build's include MU-MIMO option in the advanced wireless tab.

Yup was gonna mention this myself, seems like a copy, and paste job. Very poor one, as you said missing two things mentioned. I wonder if it's the same for the AC88U firmware as well. Because then it would sound like wrong change log for the firmware they posted for both model's.

EDIT: Also this version is almost the exact same as the alpha 2310 build, size, and all. Which both build's include MU-MIMO option in the advanced wireless tab.

Not sure if its missing in the 88 release and agree this looks just like the 2310 beta firmware i just upgraded from. Wonder whats going on with this release ? :eek: Seems to work well with basic router functions though fast and stable thus far.

There's very little changes between 2310 and 2345 (having seen the source code of both). Most changes were related to IPTV.

I downloaded the file and it will not unzip either on my mac book or my phone. It just keeps making another file that will not work to update my firmware. Any suggestions?

I downloaded the file and it will not unzip either on my mac book or my phone. It just keeps making another file that will not work to update my firmware. Any suggestions?

Use 7zip. It seems Asus didn't create a standard ZIP archive, possibly by accident.

Rename the extension from .zip to .7z.

Asus are aware of the invalid archives (they are re-uploading them) and the missing Repeater option (to be fixed soon in a new beta version).

Well I probably shouldn't do this, but wasn't like I was given this firmware to begin with. It's more of me seeing the new beta for the AC88U posted, and changing the link a bit, which the link works to the same beta for the AC3100. I don't know if the change log is similar to the AC88U, so I will not comment on that, and use it at your own risk.

ASUS RT-AC3100 *BETA* Firmware version 9.0.0.4.380.2697
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC3100/FW_RT_AC3100_90043802697.zip

Where did you get this firmware from and was there any change log ?

I see Asus just posted this on the official support site for the 3100.

Asus are aware of the invalid archives (they are re-uploading them) and the missing Repeater option (to be fixed soon in a new beta version).
Well just flashed this new .2697 beta asus has posted, and still no repeater mode for the ac3100. So I don't know if they plan to release another one soon as well, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Well just flashed this new .2697 beta asus has posted, and still no repeater mode for the ac3100. So I don't know if they plan to release another one soon as well, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Unless something was lost in the translation, and what my contact really meant was that the feature would be removed from the changelog, rather than added to the firmware.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!