What's new

[Official Beta] AiMesh beta firmware for RT-AC68U/RT-AC86U/RT-AC5300/RT-AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is't possible the client's IP is setting as dhcp+static ip mode ?

no, I took some screens for you, the problem is that the nodes keeps disconnecting from the main router and every time that I power off and turn it on the main router stop to work at the same time, right now I had only a few hours of 3 units working good and a lot of issues and bugs,

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 660
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 478
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 516
arthurlien or Wilson-Deng,

Is there any possibility in future versions of AIMesh to be able to configure/use the USB Samba Share or Print Server or Time Machine functionality on the (slave) AP Nodes, particularly when wired backhaul is in use? I’m assuming this already works OK on the Main Node (in AP Mode in my case) although I haven’t tried it yet?

StephenH

I have couple of questions for arthuerlien / WilSon-Deng

First of THANK YOU! , I had 2 Asus AC68U (albeit converted TM AC1900 units flashed with the AIMESH FW) and working after doing the CFE fix by googles (THANK YOU!!).

1. Can you elaborate (this was asked before but no reply was given) how exactly is the backhaul configured ? is it a specific channel on 5 G or 2G?

2. I read few pages back, sometimes a Node shows offline, but it still is online and working , arthurlien said its a bug? Along the lines, I want to know how, we as end user can confirm if a client is connected to the Node instead of the Main router? I have a setup where the range over laps meaning I will get both signals and its confusing.

Also, further on #2, if the Node shows offline in the Main router, how can we verify its online? If my Main Asus AIMESH router is 192.168.1.1 and Node #1 is 192.168.1.166, will clients connected to Node 1 will have IP on the range 192.168.1.16X range? or its not like that?

I would like to request, if possible to have more advanced settings to manage multiple Nodes in the Aimesh setup, and ALSO MOST importantly if we can view within router.asus.com , by clicking on a Node , what DHCP clients are connected since all will be on the same subnet, based on IP its hard to tell.

3. Are all DHCP clients across all nodes listed in CLIENTS list in the main router?

4. How does this AIMESH compare to Netgear Orbi system AC2200 and AC3000, which is also using dedicated backhaul, but I believe its not a true MESH system.

Again, I want to say thank YOU for all the efforts Asus and your team is doing this for us end users.

The android app(1.0.0.3.14) can see a list of client connect to which node, wish the web gui got it later

no, I took some screens for you, the problem is that the nodes keeps disconnecting from the main router and every time that I power off and turn it on the main router stop to work at the same time, right now I had only a few hours of 3 units working good and a lot of issues and bugs,

I can duplicated the offline issue. The resolved solution is under testing now.

I can duplicated the offline issue. The resolved solution is under testing now.

Okay, I sent the feedback and I have been posting a lot of screens, tell me if I can do more to help,

Also, is normal the memory usage? My main router is getting about 140mb right now :eek:

Seems the node try to connect to aae-sgsip886-4.asuscloud.com, why? I don't expect the node doing this at all

Okay, I sent the feedback and I have been posting a lot of screens, tell me if I can do more to help,

Also, is normal the memory usage? My main router is getting about 140mb right now :eek:

I received. Could you send feedback again ? I need the current status information. (Don't reboot it before you send)
Thank you.:)

I think I found a serious bug. My current is my desktop connected to a converted TM-1900 node (using goggles99's CFE) hardwired to a switch which is then hardwired to a Hackintosh server. The switch is hardwired to a RT-AC3100 running Merlin. I also have the master node (RT-AC3100) and another converted TM-1900 node connected to the RT-AC3100 Merlin. When I try to transfer a file using this setup, I can only get 1.2 MBps throughput. The desktop is the only device connected to the TM-1900. When I take the TM-1900 out of the equation, e.g. my desktop directly connected to the switch which connects to my Hackintosh server, I can get 75 MBps throughput. I have verified in the settings that the nodes are connected by hardwire and not by wireless. I know that Asus is not officially providing support for TM-1900, but is anyone else having throughput issues using official RT-AC68U nodes on hardwire?

I received. Could you send feedback again ? I need the current status information. (Don't reboot it before you send)
Thank you.:)

One question, how do you know that you got my feedback? =]

I´ve sent again today, right now.

Another question, when we will have the IFTTT enabled?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 524
I think I found a serious bug. My current is my desktop connected to a converted TM-1900 node (using goggles99's CFE) hardwired to a switch which is then hardwired to a Hackintosh server. The switch is hardwired to a RT-AC3100 running Merlin. I also have the master node (RT-AC3100) and another converted TM-1900 node connected to the RT-AC3100 Merlin. When I try to transfer a file using this setup, I can only get 1.2 MBps throughput. The desktop is the only device connected to the TM-1900. When I take the TM-1900 out of the equation, e.g. my desktop directly connected to the switch which connects to my Hackintosh server, I can get 75 MBps throughput. I have verified in the settings that the nodes are connected by hardwire and not by wireless. I know that Asus is not officially providing support for TM-1900, but is anyone else having throughput issues using official RT-AC68U nodes on hardwire?

I've also got converted TM-AC1900's in an AiMesh "test rig" at the moment, all in AP Mode, 1 X Main AiMesh Node and 3 X Slave AiMesh Nodes and all on wired backhaul. LAN port out of the Main Node is plugged into one of my Cisco edge switches at the moment, same switch my iMac is plugged into.

If I plug my old Macbook Pro into a LAN port on any of the "Slave" Ai Mesh nodes and do a transfer test (using Helios LANTest) I get around 28 MB/sec or so. If I plug it into a LAN port or WAN port on the "Master" Ai Mesh node I get around 41MB/sec or so.

So there DOES seem to be a drop-off from plugging in to the Nodes rather than the Main, maybe just the extra switch cascaded? Maybe this can be optimised somehow but that is a science all on its own ... and as I said this is a test setup for me and in Real Life the slave APs won’t be cascaded like this, but will be directly into a port on an edge switch.

If I plug the Macbook Pro direct into the switch, bypassing all AIMesh / TM-AC1900 action, I also get around 41 MB/sec throughput.

Not brilliant numbers I know, due to age of Macbook Pro I think, but a lot more “normal range” than your 1.2 MB/sec ...

I think you might have something else going on? Don't have any suggestions at this point off the top of my head ...

StephenH

Last edited:
One question, how do you know that you got my feedback? =]

I´ve sent again today, right now.

Another question, when we will have the IFTTT enabled?

In current stage, there is not too much people to use AiMesh FW to feedback question, i can check the FW version. I guess this is you as "maohvbg", correct ?

Last edited:
In current stage, there is not too much people to use AiMesh FW to feedback question, i can check the FW version. I guess this is you as "maohvbg", correct ?

I sent the feedback using the email option since my main router just got full memory and almost 99% on each core, I´am just using the router as I did before the aimesh FW, I will reboot the router right now and see if it fix the problem, I can´t even log in into it, I´ve sent the feedback before this situation, also I put your nickname on subject of email

The ISP speed drops from 400 / 200 to 10 / 3 due the core/memory problems

=]

Thanks for the help

I sent the feedback using the email option since my main router just got full memory and almost 99% on each core, I´am just using the router as I did before the aimesh FW, I will reboot the router right now and see if it fix the problem, I can´t even log in into it, I´ve sent the feedback before this situation, also I put your nickname on subject of email

The ISP speed drops from 400 / 200 to 10 / 3 due the core/memory problems

=]

Thanks for the help
I think the feedback function doesn't work. Which function enabled by yourself? Such as AiProtection, AiDesk, Adaptive QoS, Media Server....etc.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

I've also got converted TM-AC1900's in an AiMesh "test rig" at the moment, all in AP Mode, 1 X Main AiMesh Node and 3 X Slave AiMesh Nodes and all on wired backhaul. LAN port out of the Main Node is plugged into one of my Cisco edge switches at the moment, same switch my iMac is plugged into.

If I plug my old Macbook Pro into a LAN port on any of the "Slave" Ai Mesh nodes and do a transfer test (using Helios LANTest) I get around 28 MB/sec or so. If I plug it into a LAN port or WAN port on the "Master" Ai Mesh node I get around 41MB/sec or so.

So there DOES seem to be a drop-off from plugging in to the Nodes rather than the Main, maybe just the extra switch cascaded? Maybe this can be optimised somehow but that is a science all on its own ... and as I said this is a test setup for me and in Real Life the slave APs won’t be cascaded like this, but will be directly into a port on an edge switch.

If I plug the Macbook Pro direct into the switch, bypassing all AIMesh / TM-AC1900 action, I also get around 41 MB/sec throughput.

Not brilliant numbers I know, due to age of Macbook Pro I think, but a lot more “normal range” than your 1.2 MB/sec ...

I think you might have something else going on? Don't have any suggestions at this point off the top of my head ...

StephenH

Either you or me can try changing the firmware for the node with the drop-off in question back to either stock or Merlin and run it in AP mode. If there's no drop-off with a different firmware, then it's a firmware issue. I probably won't get around to it for a while though...

StephenH
Did you change the mac addresses in the CFE files so there aren't any dupes on your network?

I would be interested to know just how things are routed when using AiMesh. Perhaps some network traffic analysis is in order. If there are any bottlenecks, packet corruption, ETC it should show up pretty clearly by looking at the traffic and latency between hops..

Did you change the mac addresses in the CFE files so there aren't any dupes on your network?

I would be interested to know just how things are routed when using AiMesh. Perhaps some network traffic analysis is in order. If there are any bottlenecks, packet corruption, ETC it should show up pretty clearly by looking at the traffic and latency between hops..

I changed all 3 of my MAC addresses and the secret code using your CFE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!