What's new

[Official] RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9313

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

IAAI

Very Senior Member
ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9313

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC68U/HelpDesk_Download/

Security Improvement
- Fixed User-Agent buffer overflow. Special thanks for Hubert's contribution.
- Fixed null ptr dereference in https issue. Special thanks for Anthony's contribution
- Fixed buffer overflow issues.
- Modified brute-force protection mechanism in router login page.
- Fixed malicious site block related issues.

New Feature
Support ASUS router app which make it very easy to monitor and manage route status and client devices and more.
Search ASUS Router in google play or go the following URL
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asus.aihome
iOS app coming soon.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed httpd crash issue. Special thanks for Merlin's contribution.
- Fixed blank web page when clients number over 100.
- Fixed Network map client list related issues.
- Fixed firmware login issue when connect to router by OpenVPN.
- Add reboot scheduler in Administration --> System
- Fixed warning page showing issue when only enable the HTTPS authentication.
- Fixed the slow UI issue when enabled Bandwidth limiter.
- Fixed repeated mDNSNetMonitor message in system log when there is a Apple TV in LAN.
- Fixed IPv6 firewall UI issue.
- Fixed UI issue when enable monopoly mode in printer setting.

3rd party app supported
Added Cloudcheck router software agent. Cloudcheck agent enables intelligent wifi diagnostics that provides complete visibility into home network performance and offers actionable recommendations for improvements.

To use this new functionality,
1) Download Cloudcheck app from Apple or Google App stores,
2) Make sure ASUS router is connected to Internet,
3) Launch the Cloudcheck app, go to “Smartifi” option in the main menu.
The app will automatically detect the router and activate the service after getting your consent

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC68U/FW_RT_AC68U_30043789313.zip

Repeater mode is not working in 9313, did not work in 9135 either. I have to back down to 4585 to make it work. Maybe there is a version in between that works but I have not tried. I have done dual reset with the WPS button method and restore factory defaults.

My setup is an AC87U (9313) in the office. AC68U (4585) in my restaurant. AC68U (4585) in my coffee shop. Both AC68U in repeater mode. This setup works well but I was hoping using the latest release on the 68 would give me the improved 2.4 and 5 GHz drivers.

The best would be running the 68 in AP mode but unfortunately it’s not possible to run cables from the office.

Setting up the 68 in repeater mode with 9313 works well all the way until the last step there it’s connecting to the 87. It shows the bar going from 0-100% but it goes very slow up to 100%. When at 100% nothing more happens, 5 minutes, 1 hour, 5 hours …. The 87 doesn’t show anything connected. Powering the 68 off/on after a while the three LED’s to the right is on (Power, 2.4, 5 GHz). The 87 still not show anything connected and not possible to connect to the 68.

Backing down to 4585 in the 68 and everything works fine again so I assume the problem is on the 68 side not in the 87.

Any ideas? or bug report to Asus?

Last working Repeater mode is 378.54_2 on Merlin.

Interesting. I have at work 87u (4376) 2-66u repeaters (9135) and 1-68u repeater (9135) all repeaters connected no problem to 87u.

At home I have an 87u (9177) and a 66u repeater (9135) repeater connected fine. I have nothing plugged into the USB ports which can cause issues updating FW maybe causes other issues? Just throwing the USB thing out there.

Now what I do because I have 3 repeaters is turn the other 2 off while I setup each repeater.

I'm running 378.54_2 on Merlin now on the 68 repeaters and it works just fine :)

I have nothing attached to the USB ports on any of the units. The only thing that are a little special in my setup is that on the 87 I have a 5Ghz guest network setup with no access to the intranet. The repeaters connect to this guest network. The repeaters are used to give my customers access to free wifi nothing else.

I'm running 378.54_2 on Merlin now on the 68 repeaters and it works just fine :)

I have nothing attached to the USB ports on any of the units. The only thing that are a little special in my setup is that on the 87 I have a 5Ghz guest network setup with no access to the intranet. The repeaters connect to this guest network. The repeaters are used to give my customers access to free wifi nothing else.

Have you tried bringing one of the repeaters closer to the 87u and setup? The 5ghz has been problematic on these you may be just far enough causing you an issue to get it set up.

Not sure if it has been asked before, but why all the different UOM's in the UI for transfer rates? My service is 30 Mbps down and 5Mbps, for example, and I would like to have the option to set a default UOM for the UI for every screen on the router - or just have everything in one UOM. Instead, the Traffic Monitor graphs are in KBps, the QoS bandwidth "speedometers" are in Mbps, yet the devices below the speedometers show bar graphs per device (or app) that vary in Kb and Mb.

Have you tried bringing one of the repeaters closer to the 87u and setup? The 5ghz has been problematic on these you may be just far enough causing you an issue to get it set up.

I still think there is a bug introduced between Asus release 4585 and 9313 breaking the Repeater mode. Merlin 378.54_2 (based on Asus 5134) works so it's likely Asus 5134 would work as well. I have tried many times back and forth with different releases with both my 68 repeaters but 9313 fails every time, Asus 4585 and Merlin 378.54_2 works every time without a glitch.

I hope Asus put some time into fixing Repeater mode so their 68U product works as advertised in the newest software releases as well.

After installing the new version, I forgot to disable UPNP from Wan menu and NAT loopback was not working for simple TCP connections.
Sometimes I don't get the logic they are implementing in the code ;)

I still think there is a bug introduced between Asus release 4585 and 9313 breaking the Repeater mode. Merlin 378.54_2 (based on Asus 5134) works so it's likely Asus 5134 would work as well. I have tried many times back and forth with different releases with both my 68 repeaters but 9313 fails every time, Asus 4585 and Merlin 378.54_2 works every time without a glitch.

I hope Asus put some time into fixing Repeater mode so their 68U product works as advertised in the newest software releases as well.

All I can say is I have at work a 87u (4376) 2-66u repeaters (9135) and 1-68u repeater (9135) all repeaters connected as repeaters no problem to 87u running (4376). Its been routing the 2.4 and 5 signals pretty well. So (9135) seems to connect no problem with an 87 on (4376).
I did have a moment at home when I updated my 87u to the (9313) and my repeater wouldn't connect. A power cycle fixed it.

Has anyone tried the AiCloud app (iphone) after updating to this firmware? It works when I am on my local network but now when I am outside of the network it doesn't work. I get a "mobile device cannot connect to the router" message on the app. It used to work fine before installing this firmware. I just wanted to make sure it just wasn't me.

Had adjusted repeater code on 3.0.0.4.378.9313, so need to reset router and do repeater setting again.
We tried this, and repeater can work with RT-AC87U(378.9313) and RT-AC68U(378.9313).

Has anyone tried the AiCloud app (iphone) after updating to this firmware? It works when I am on my local network but now when I am outside of the network it doesn't work. I get a "mobile device cannot connect to the router" message on the app. It used to work fine before installing this firmware. I just wanted to make sure it just wasn't me.

Hi Scott,

Are you using iOS 9.0 or 9.1?
Here will be a new version on iTunes store with some bug fix.
If that issue still occurs, please email to Wilson_Deng@asus.com

Had adjusted repeater code on 3.0.0.4.378.9313, so need to reset router and do repeater setting again.
We tried this, and repeater can work with RT-AC87U(378.9313) and RT-AC68U(378.9313).
repeater mode is avaible for 87u ???

Thanks Wilson. I was using iOS 9.1. I reverted the firmware back to 9135 and AiCloud is working again. So it seems to be an issue with this new 9313 firmware.

Is there anything special I need to do to upgrade to this new Asus firmware from Merlin's 378.56_2?
Thanks.

Just remove the router from the apps and add it again. Should work after that…