What's new

[Official] RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.1842

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Can you test/verify that the modem is healthy?

Try turning off all network equipment for an hour or more (physically unplug everything you can from the AC outlets).

After waiting for as long as you can with the system down,

Turn on/plug in the modem and wait 5 minutes (or more) for it to stabilize.

Turn on/plug in the router and wait 5 minutes (or more) for it to stabilize.

Turn on/plug in any switches you may have in your network.

Turn on all your wired devices.

Turn on all your wireless devices.

Before doing the above, you may want to use new ssid's too for each band (you can use the old passwords).

If all the above doesn't help, make sure you are on the latest stable firmware and follow the additional steps in the link below.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

Thanks. I found that power cycling the 68U B1 fixes the issue with no other changes to my home network. The items you propose wouldn't seem to help narrow down the source of the issue. My prior router, a Cisco/Linksys E4200, never exhibited this issue for an otherwise identical network, so it feels to me that the lead suspect is the 68U B1.

Thanks. I found that power cycling the 68U B1 fixes the issue with no other changes to my home network. The items you propose wouldn't seem to help narrow down the source of the issue. My prior router, a Cisco/Linksys E4200, never exhibited this issue for an otherwise identical network, so it feels to me that the lead suspect is the 68U B1.

If you are not willing to do some basic troubleshooting steps and at least get your network and router to a good/known state, your issues will probably continue and possibly even multiply.

Hope you can find the source of the issues on your own.

If you are not willing to do some basic troubleshooting steps and at least get your network and router to a good/known state, your issues will probably continue and possibly even multiply.

Hope you can find the source of the issues on your own.

I appreciate the attempt to provide assistance, but what you suggest wouldn't seem to provide any enlightenment other than to perhaps indicate that if the network functions normally for more than a month, then it was one of the devices rather than the router. Seems like a very slow way to troubleshoot. I was thinking that the router log could provide some more immediate hints if I knew what to look for. I can say that simultaneously power cycling the modem and disconnecting/reconnecting the RG6 cable without touching the router does not revive internet access, and all the modem indicator lights are in their normal status condition before and after this occurs.