What's new

[Official] RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9313

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

faur

Regular Contributor
ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9313
Security improvement
- Fixed User-Agent buffer overflow. Special thanks for Hubert's contribution.
- Fixed null ptr dereference in https issue. Special thanks for Anthony's contribution
- Fixed buffer overflow issues.
- Modified brute-force protection mechanism in router login page.
- Fixed malicious site block related issues.

New Feature
Support ASUS router app which make it very easy to monitor and manage route status and client devices and more.
Search ASUS Router in google play or go the following URL
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asus.aihome
iOS app coming soon.

Bug Fixes
- Fixed httpd crash issue. Special thanks for Merlin's contribution.
- Fixed blank web page when clients number over 100.
- Fixed Network map client list related issues.
- Fixed firmware login issue when connect to router by OpenVPN.
- Add reboot scheduler in Administration --> System
- Fixed warning page showing issue when only enable the HTTPS authentication.
- Fixed the slow UI issue when enabled Bandwidth limiter.
- Fixed repeated mDNSNetMonitor message in system log when there is a Apple TV in LAN.
- Fixed IPv6 firewall UI issue.
- Avoided Traffic analyser using too many flash size.
- Fixed UI issue when enable monopoly mode in printer setting.

Download: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC87U/FW_RT_AC87U_30043789313.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
My question now is if this fw release contain the battery drain fix...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

...to remove...
strange. i first make this thread, and now i see that im not...

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. Will install shortly and try it out. No 5Ghz fix for the people with battery drain issues yet but hopefully will be in the next release.

ASUS if you're reading this...please consider apps for Universal Windows. I hear they're making it easier to port from iOS and Android too. I think it would be a good investment for your router division.

Sorry, what do you mean by reset the switch? Turn the router off then on?

Most likely means:

Unplug all USB devices and reboot the router before attempting to flash new firmware.

Most likely means:

Unplug all USB devices and reboot the router before attempting to flash new firmware.

Sorry, I should have been more clear - I didn't mean reboot, but actually get the router back to the default factory settings (in the administration menu, Advanced Settings > Administration > Restore/Save/Upload Setting tab and then selecting Restore, click OK).

Sorry, I should have been more clear - I didn't mean reboot, but actually get the router back to the default factory settings (in the administration menu, Advanced Settings > Administration > Restore/Save/Upload Setting tab and then selecting Restore, click OK).
You shouldn't have to do that. I had to do a reboot prior; but that was just because 9177 has the issue with filling up the space; so a reboot will clear that all out.

Thanks, I just tried it the normal way one more time before I did it your way and it worked.

You shouldn't have to do that. I had to do a reboot prior; but that was just because 9177 has the issue with filling up the space; so a reboot will clear that all out.
Agree - I shouldn't have, but the reboot's just didn't do the trick for me. As with all issues, your miles may vary :)

I ran the Trend Micro security scan part in the new app and it said I was all secure except that UPNP is enabled. Should I disabled that? The new app is awesome by the way. Anyone try game boost yet?

I ran the Trend Micro security scan part in the new app and it said I was all secure except that UPNP is enabled. Should I disabled that? The new app is awesome by the way. Anyone try game boost yet?

UPNP is a convenience. If you use anything that requires dynamic port forwarding (for instance torrents, or you have multiple gaming consoles), then keeping UPnP enabled will save you a lot of trouble. If however you want to go in full lockdown mode where only ports that you manually forward are open, then you can disable it.

Thanks RMerlin. I will keep it open then since I have 3 xbox one's that are working fine. No need to mess with something that's working.

my xbox working fine without upnp

My question now is if this fw release contain the battery drain fix...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I don't think that the driver has been updated in this version, otherwise it would also be the first official MU-MIMO enabled firmware since the latest beta has it, AFAIK.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!