What's new

[Official] RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9313

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Firmware version pls?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

ugh ...sorry, ...almost everything except the version :p Using the latest stock
9313 ...but I've never had a problem with the 5 ghz since buying the unit late
last year. Im fortunate to get a good one.

ugh ...sorry, ...almost everything except the version [emoji14] Using the latest stock
9313 ...but I've never had a problem with the 5 ghz since buying the unit late
last year. Im fortunate to get a good one.
Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I saw something wrong after i use AsusRouter app. I never enable "Cloud Disc" and "SMart Access" but after i use app this function was enabled.
The question is why???

Last edited:
FYI, it is already the second time the router becomes totally unresponsive and need to be manually turned OFF/ON.
See enclosed the router few logs before the problem and then logs up to when it is rebooted and again fully functional.

Attachments

• Logs.txt
    12.1 KB · Views: 695
FYI, it is already the second time the router becomes totally unresponsive and need to be manually turned OFF/ON.
See enclosed the router few logs before the problem and then logs up to when it is rebooted and again fully functional.
internet work ?

Can i get a dev from ASUS to pm me. Cannot update firmware for last two latest releases. (9177) & (9313)

Can i get a dev from ASUS to pm me. Cannot update firmware for last two latest releases. (9177) & (9313)

Reboot the router without any USB disk plugged in to ensure you free up enough RAM, then try again flashing your router.

Reboot the router without any USB disk plugged in to ensure you free up enough RAM, then try again flashing your router.
Tried many times, The firmware does not function properly with the wireless. 5Ghz doesn't turn on and 2ghz does but router reboots every few minutes, Also cannot access GUI after few seconds of logging in.

Tried many times, The firmware does not function properly with the wireless. 5Ghz doesn't turn on and 2ghz does but router reboots every few minutes, Also cannot access GUI after few seconds of logging in.

That's not the same thing as being unable to update. What you describe sound more like a hardware issue if it happens even after a factory default reset. You should contact Asus's tech support to obtain an RMA.

That's not the same thing as being unable to update. What you describe sound more like a hardware issue if it happens even after a factory default reset. You should contact Asus's tech support to obtain an RMA.
That's true, i contacted them but no answers. Only recommend RMA. I was wondering why all previous firmware work but not the newest. Even recommended upgrade through firmware only updates to "5134".

That's true, i contacted them but no answers. Only recommend RMA. I was wondering why all previous firmware work but not the newest. Even recommended upgrade through firmware only updates to "5134".

So if you reflash your old firmware the problem goes away? Did you do a factory reset after updating and reconfigure 100% manually (no config file)?

Since I have rolled back to version 5134 I have had zero issues with the 5ghz. Uptime 5 days and 12 hours. Throughput is still 100%. This rules out hardware issues.

Clearly there is something wrong with the 5 ghz driver on the 9313 & 9177 releases that affects all 3 of my AC87 units as it causes significant throughput drops after 3 days of uptime.

Since I have rolled back to version 5134 I have had zero issues with the 5ghz. Uptime 5 days and 12 hours. Throughput is still 100%. This rules out hardware issues.

Clearly there is something wrong with the 5 ghz driver on the 9313 & 9177 releases that affects all 3 of my AC87 units as it causes significant throughput drops after 3 days of uptime.

I ran 9313 for quite some time and I'm happy to report the 5GHZ wifi is leaps and bounds better than my previous experience. I'm actually able to use this as my main router now. Still scheduled a nightly reboot but for me that's an ok compromise. That might not be the case for others. Took a while for us to get there. Currently running Merlin 378.56_2 which is also running extremely well.

Dear agoetz,

I have drop you an message.
Please help me test the 5Ghz.

Best regard,
ASUS Global
JK

Dear agoetz,

I have drop you an message.
Please help me test the 5Ghz.

Best regard,
ASUS Global
JK
Dear JK,
I do not know if I can help test?
Best regard,
binggesoft

Last edited:
AdaptiveQOS-Bandwidth Monitor - i have enabled Apps Analysis
bug_skype.png

Vu-Solo2 is a dvb-s2 tuner, and not have skype. I check by netstat active connection and i have only 2 ports open ( i defined this).
No skype, no http.
IMO Bandwidth monitos show no real data ?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!