What's new

[Official] RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9313

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AdaptiveQOS-Bandwidth Monitor - i have enabled Apps Analysis
View attachment 4848
Vu-Solo2 is a dvb-s2 tuner, and not have skype. I check by netstat active connection and i have only 2 ports open ( i defined this).
No skype, no http.
IMO Bandwidth monitos show no real data ?
In my case I have all apps listed correct except the ones behind VPN and encrypted traffic (which is shown under "General" cat) but thats the way it's supossed to work

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

For those having problems with 5Ghz throughput & ping after a couple of days try disabling beamforming for that radio and see how you get on.

MU-MIMO was also enabled from firmware .9177 apparently though the interface does not show an option to enable/disable as of yet.

For those having problems with 5Ghz throughput & ping after a couple of days try disabling beamforming for that radio and see how you get on.

MU-MIMO was also enabled from firmware .9177 apparently though the interface does not show an option to enable/disable as of yet.
MU-MIMO wont work without beamforming.

Nice backwards way to turn on or off mu-mimo until they add that feature.

Because of new beta's I'm quite sure next release will have mu-mimo working without issues

Ping didnt change that much 3 to 5. Only the throughput is diminished. Beamforming was disabled.
Even with a beta I am still experiencing issues. In 24hrs, iPad WLAN went from 427 to 58 down and 112 to 1 up. LAN remains unchanged Ping 1, +900 down and +900 up.

AT this point I am blindly trying new things, I restarted this morning disabling multicast on both 2.4 & 5ghz. As well as turning off my AC87 in mode AP. If this does work then I will try turning off my AC68 & AC87 bridges running only running the single AC87 as router.
I have even considered switching my router to AC68 and running a AC87 as an AP\Bridge only.

If the RT-AC3100 goes on sale at Best Buy then I am letting these AC87s go on ebay with the stable version 5134

Ping didnt change that much 3 to 5. Only the throughput is diminished. Beamforming was disabled.
Even with a beta I am still experiencing issues. In 24hrs, iPad WLAN went from 427 to 58 down and 112 to 1 up. LAN remains unchanged Ping 1, +900 down and +900 up.

AT this point I am blindly trying new things, I restarted this morning disabling multicast on both 2.4 & 5ghz. As well as turning off my AC87 in mode AP. If this does work then I will try turning off my AC68 & AC87 bridges running only running the single AC87 as router.
I have even considered switching my router to AC68 and running a AC87 as an AP\Bridge only.

If the RT-AC3100 goes on sale at Best Buy then I am letting these AC87s go on ebay with the stable version 5134
On which beta are you?

Forgot to mention this. Since Opera updated to version 33 the dropdown boxes for settings in the UI appear blank. Please see my attached image to see what I mean. I know it's an Opera issue but Opera now runs on Blink which powers Google Chrome too.

Attachments

• Opera33Issue.png
    Opera33Issue.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 673
This isn't related to the HTML renderer (Blink) but to how Opera renders the native UI elements (input fields, dropdowns, checkboxes, etc...)

Hello all,
I'm a bit late comer here but I'm keep getting "invalid image blah blah..." since 3 days ago trying to install .9313, and .9177 as well. I have been running .7410 for a while, although it's not perfect but fairly stable. Have read all in this thread then knew it looks like reboot does the job for me, but didn't however. I now revert back to .7410 without any problems.

Could somebody have any clue that I still can try, or provide pointers please?

This isn't related to the HTML renderer (Blink) but to how Opera renders the native UI elements (input fields, dropdowns, checkboxes, etc...)

Cheers. I've reported into Opera software.

Got an additional issue with the DoS protection setting under firewall. I have a security alarm from Texecom which has a WiFi module fitted. When DoS protection is on I cannot connect to the alarm control panel. Because the WiFi module in the panel is new I've not tested against other versions of the ASUS firmware. Any thoughts or similar issues?

Keep posts in in this thread specifically for the 9313 firmware. This isn't the place for feature request or feedback on other beta firmwares.

Dear agoetz,

I have drop you an message.
Please help me test the 5Ghz.

Best regard,
ASUS Global
JK

Good morning, I also use rt-ac87 with band 5 GHz combined with ea-ac87 for online gaming.
Recently I noticed an improvement, but the ping remains a bit high and I want to know if you can expect improvements in the future.

Luckily we never experienced disconnecting issues with this router in the 5Ghz spectrum using all kinds of AC and N Hardware.

Except that the 5Ghz network is killing my Nexus 6 battery in no time and strangely our dated Apple HW (iPad Mini 2 and Iphone 5S) never had disconnecting issues which from what I read most had issues with.

However this changed with the new google Chromecast v2 and Chromecast Audio dongles. Both of them disconnect from the router after couple of hours and there is no way to reconnect to the network except rebooting the both of them.

Since they both share the same NIC my guess is that this is a compatibility issue either with the router or googles FW.

I've tried all kind of settings and channels but nothing helps really.

Does anyone else have similar issues?

Does anyone know why an RT-AC87R (running most recent firmware .9313) setup as a media bridge shows up as a wired device in the primary router RT-AC87R (also running .9313) router client list? Also, all clients connected to the media bridge via ethernet show up as being connected via a wired interface on the primary router. I think this makes sense, but could this impact packet air-time for the individual clients?

I have 3 active gaming PCs connected to the media bridge (ethernet), and they are simultaneously pouring packets onto the network when online gaming. If another 5GHz client (like a cell phone or laptop) starts hitting the network with normal traffic, sometimes I will see simultaneously dropped packets and simultaneous hitching (dropped packets or concurrent lag spike on all 3 systems) inside the online games on those gaming PCs.

Been trying to figure this out for more than a year with no luck. I could buy individual wireless NICs for each gaming desktop, but I had always assumed unifying the wireless connection over a media bridge would be beneficial rather than spawning a larger number of 5Ghz clients connected at low-medium signal strength, maybe I am using media bridge for the wrong purpose?

Luckily we never experienced disconnecting issues with this router in the 5Ghz spectrum using all kinds of AC and N Hardware.

Except that the 5Ghz network is killing my Nexus 6 battery in no time and strangely our dated Apple HW (iPad Mini 2 and Iphone 5S) never had disconnecting issues which from what I read most had issues with.

However this changed with the new google Chromecast v2 and Chromecast Audio dongles. Both of them disconnect from the router after couple of hours and there is no way to reconnect to the network except rebooting the both of them.

Since they both share the same NIC my guess is that this is a compatibility issue either with the router or googles FW.

I've tried all kind of settings and channels but nothing helps really.

Does anyone else have similar issues?

Bought a Chromecast 2 shortly after it came out and have it on the 5Ghz band, have never had a problem, I don't have a Chromecast Audio so I don't know. Hope you can find ...or someone here has a solution.

Good morning, I also use rt-ac87 with band 5 GHz combined with ea-ac87 for online gaming.
Recently I noticed an improvement, but the ping remains a bit high and I want to know if you can expect improvements in the future.

Dear doc octopus,

What is your EA-AC87 firmware?

Best regard,
ASUS Global
JK

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!